TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Swango1980

Visit site
Still persisting with Suits, Season 8 now.

But it is hilarious, not in a comedy way. The writers are just awful, one trick ponies. Every episode just feels the same now, has done for several seasons.

Virtually every character is hugely unlikeable, egotistical prats. Lawyers are more crooked than the people they represent. Nearly every case is about one lawyer trying to get one up on another lawyer, nothing to do with clients. The biggest battles are fallouts between work colleagues. One moment they can be best buddies, next scene hate each other, best buddies a few scenes later.

And nearly every scene seems to start with 2 people talking, and then another person bursts in half way through (apparently eavesdropping before that, as they continue the flow of the conversation) to drop a spanner in the works.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It might have been the similar setting and overall pace, but the first episode reminded me of Fortitude. I’ll give the second episode a go, but if it doesn’t grip me I think I’ll sack it off. Shame because the first series of True Detective is amazing.
Agreed. As I posted previously, first episode seems to stray into the spooky/ supernatural which is unlike any of the previous seasons. Haven't gone back to episode two yet as am binging through The Killing on channel 4. only 8 episodes left of that before I can get back to this, but that depends on the updates on here :LOL:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Griselda last night, we both really enjoyed it. One small criticism, the final episode seemed to cram too much in, it all could have done with being stretched over 2 series.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started Fire Country. I have a feeling that won't be a keeper.

Picking up New Amsterdam again. Once you've seen ER, NA is snowflake stuff.

5 minutes of Fire County and I was out!!

I quite liked NA but agreed about the comparison. Think I started it a few times before sticking with it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The comedy spoof reality show The Apprentice is back.

Going by E1 it’s got the usual cast of absurd, annoying and hilarious characters failing excruciatingly at everything they do, almost unable to boil an egg but certainly not knowing what tbsp means in a recipe or realise that flour is an important ingredient in chocolate brownies. I don’t know what the actual show was like, but this spoof is so bad it’s (almost) good.👍🙄

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Lazarus Project. As usual I'm late to the party on this one but a couple of episodes in and enjoying it. Like everything relating to time travel though it messes with my brain!

D

Deleted member 15344

Trigger Point - it’s ok , bit too ott

Lincoln Lawyer - enjoyed the first two series

Fire Country - looks ok but think it’s going to be too fluffy

Slow Horses - excellent first series

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mr and Mrs Smith on Prime. Couple of episodes in and so far it is decent. Certainly going to keep going with it.