TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Contrary to @AmandaJR amd @SwingsitlikeHogan I would have been hugely disappointed had a different person won the Pottery. The winner was consistently at or next to the top, to not have won via a one off error would have been a great shame. It has been a great series, let down for me slightly by the builds required in the semi and final. Nothing to do with the potters, what a high standard they set, I just didn't get up for what they were asked to do in those last two episodes.

Good to see they were asking for contestants to apply for the next series, it must already have been commissioned (y)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Contrary to @AmandaJR amd @SwingsitlikeHogan I would have been hugely disappointed had a different person won the Pottery. The winner was consistently at or next to the top, to not have won via a one off error would have been a great shame. It has been a great series, let down for me slightly by the builds required in the semi and final. Nothing to do with the potters, what a high standard they set, I just didn't get up for what they were asked to do in those last two episodes.

Good to see they were asking for contestants to apply for the next series, it must already have been commissioned (y)

I do get that BUT by the later stages of such programmes I'm invested in the people more than their work to some extent. So I'll have a favourite based mainly on their character and what they show...as in not competitive and helpful to their fellow competitors. All three were just lovely and is SILH says - wonderfully diverse.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is strange how the Pottery Throwdown seems to have, in my mind anyway, overtaken both the Bake Off and Masterchef. I seem to get less and less invested each year in the competitors on those shows and it has started to be more about the show itself rather than then people taking part, as they both used to be. It all seems to be about hyperbole ('cooking doen't get tougher than this') or in the case of the Bake Off, it has become more about setting the bakers up to fail rather than being a platform to show their skill. Another part may be that with other shows, they have become stepping stones to a carreer change rather than just something entered for fun and to challenge your abilities.

Maxxx17

Visit site
I watch such a sensational series as Shameless. I'm so into the show that I watch it even when I'm on the road. Before my trip I downloaded a whole season of Pirate Bay from a torrent and watched it. I love all the characters and it's hard to say who I like more. But every episode shows the whole life and essence of Southside. I advise you to watch it, you will be shocked.

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A good series?

Overall, yes. A couple of things felt rushed as they were obviously winding it up. One bugbear I’ve had since day 1 is the speed with which they get from place to place, but I just ignore that. Lots of fighting in this season. I really enjoyed it and am sad it’s come to pass, but all good things have to end at some point.