TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
New season of Last Kingdom out this month.

Do you mean the original Viking’s on Amazon Prime, or the new sequel Vikings Valhalla on Netflix? The original is pretty good, started Valhalla this week but gave up in episode one, too glossy, poor script and cardboard acting. At least that’s how I saw it.

The original Vikings. Getting more into it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started Resident Alien series 2 yesterday. A few chuckles but not sure it's up to the first season standard yet. A lot of the humour came from the scenes where he was the town doctor I think, and since he's not that anymore, it just lacks that dynamic. Hopefully it won't be one of those that has a good first season in isolation then struggles to live up to it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started Resident Alien series 2 yesterday. A few chuckles but not sure it's up to the first season standard yet. A lot of the humour came from the scenes where he was the town doctor I think, and since he's not that anymore, it just lacks that dynamic. Hopefully it won't be one of those that has a good first season in isolation then struggles to live up to it.

Totally agree, 2 episodes in and it is just not there at the moment. Fingers crossed for improvement.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still quite enjoying the latest season of Billions but feel it is running out of steam a bit now. Mike Prince is just not as dislikeable as Ax and all of the characters seem to have lost a chunk of their moral ambiguity leaving it just a little flat.

Maybe it is due to writing and filming during covid but quite a few new series just have not lived up to what has come before, Billions a bit flat, Resident Alien not as ascerbic and funny, The Rookie has gone too OTT with eery week being about a terrorist or serial killer.

First episode of Picard Season 2 was good though and the Walking Dead is improving again as it builds to the end.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished first part of Ozark S6 and then restarted Gomorrah, halfway through S1 ?

Halfway through Gomorrah S2, great episode after great episode.
One thing puzzles me, everyone in the gangs, even the seemingly high up people all live in the slums. It seems only the bosses have the life of luxury while the rest get peanuts.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still quite enjoying the latest season of Billions but feel it is running out of steam a bit now. Mike Prince is just not as dislikeable as Ax and all of the characters seem to have lost a chunk of their moral ambiguity leaving it just a little flat.

Maybe it is due to writing and filming during covid but quite a few new series just have not lived up to what has come before, Billions a bit flat, Resident Alien not as ascerbic and funny, The Rookie has gone too OTT with eery week being about a terrorist or serial killer.

First episode of Picard Season 2 was good though and the Walking Dead is improving again as it builds to the end.
I agree Billions is a bit flat this series. The reasons for Chuck Rhodes to go after Mike Prince just feel contrived and don’t convince.