TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Finished “the devils advocate” about some dodgy lawyer who represented some of the most hated people on earth.

I’ve started to watch “temple” on sky - could be a decent watch as it gets going

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just chugging through Fargo eason 4. Love the rest of them. This gets awedul reviews o IMDB and it is certainly the weakest by a good way, but still a very enjoyable watch

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Finished Inventing Anna. If you don't know anything about Anna Sorokin (Delvey) and if seeing rich, wannabe rich, the greedy and hangers-on being duped and strung along then this could be your thing. Just well...just...And as much as you might admire her chutzpah - she does not come across as a very nice person at all - manipulative, cynical and callous.

Next up will by Band of Brothers. Not my wife's cup of tea so whilst she's having to be away from home a lot at the moment the opportunity presents.

Last edited:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Started Severance on AppleTV+ and it’s pretty decent so far. Didn’t really grab me in the trailer as it seemed a little obvious / uninspired but its turning out much more entertaining so far and has an interesting cast in it.

Good near future dystopia type of thing.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Started Severance on AppleTV+ and it’s pretty decent so far. Didn’t really grab me in the trailer as it seemed a little obvious / uninspired but its turning out much more entertaining so far and has an interesting cast in it.

Good near future dystopia type of thing.
never watched appletv - is it any good?

D-S

Visit site
Just finishing season 2 of Ted Lasso on Apple TV, quirky best sums it up. Very good though, interesting that a programme set at a struggling London football team would win 7 Emmys and get 20 nominations.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
never watched appletv - is it any good?

I think it's worth it, you may even have a free trial if you've bought any Apple products recently. We've really enjoyed:

Ted Lasso (worth the price alone)
For All Mankind
Foundation
Wolfwalkers (daughter loves it)
The Morning Show

Probably some other stuff I've forgotten about but those are the ones I think have been worth it. I have an Apple One account so it's bundled in the family subscription anyway.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I think it's worth it, you may even have a free trial if you've bought any Apple products recently. We've really enjoyed:

Ted Lasso (worth the price alone)
For All Mankind
Foundation
Wolfwalkers (daughter loves it)
The Morning Show

Probably some other stuff I've forgotten about but those are the ones I think have been worth it. I have an Apple One account so it's bundled in the family subscription anyway.

Ted Lasso was very good, thoroughly enjoyed it, didn't really get passed the first two episodes of The Morning Show, just never felt the pull to return. Suspicion is the only other show we watched and we've stalled on episode 5 of that.

Just finishing my free 12 months after an iphone purchase. No plans to continue with it..... even if we don't finish those shows.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Cleared off the four seasons of The Last Kingdom.

Now started Vikings. Any good??

New season of Last Kingdom out this month.

Do you mean the original Viking’s on Amazon Prime, or the new sequel Vikings Valhalla on Netflix? The original is pretty good, started Valhalla this week but gave up in episode one, too glossy, poor script and cardboard acting. At least that’s how I saw it.