TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't watch the UK Office, can't bear Ricky Gervais. I've seen clips of it and found it deeply unfunny. My daughter convinced me to watch the US version, 'stick with it' she said. I believe the first series stays quite close to the UK one in style but then starts to go its own way by series 2. I found Carrell annoying at first but then he and the other characters develop nicely, they calm down.

I strongly recommend After Life, absolutely outstanding.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anybody watching the Madame Blanc Mysteries on Saturdays on Channel 5? From what I've read and spoken to other people it seems to get the thumbs up but I find it a load of pap. Too much filler and not enough actual focus on the mystery. When each episode is effectively 45 mins long (once the adverts have been taken out) then there shouldn't be much time for anything else than the actual mystery. Just smacks of an excuse for a jolly in sunny climes.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out of curiosity I jumped onto All4 to have a look at S1 of Stath Lets Flats.

Been on the go since 2018 and I did find myself laughing out loud more than once during E1 so will watch more. It reminds me a bit of RG’s The Office and After Life - both of which I love.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Rulefan suggested Showtrial, and I’ve binged on the entire series during the last couple of days.

Absolutely brilliant. Great acting, gripping storyline. By some distance the best television I have watched in years.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of curiosity I jumped onto All4 to have a look at S1 of Stath Lets Flats.

Been on the go since 2018 and I did find myself laughing out loud more than once during E1 so will watch more. It reminds me a bit of RG’s The Office and After Life - both of which I love.

Although this weeks new episode is possibly the most random TV I have ever seen! it was funny though!! Just a bit mental....

D

Deleted member 15344

We've been watching the Tower on ITV. 2 and a half episodes of setting up a very interesting finish followed by half an episode setting up a second series. Very disappointing ending.
Yep
it could have been a very good series but was hugely let down by the ending

Just finished watching Time - that was very good