TV Series - What Are You Watching?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anybody watching Angela Black on Sundays? Not sure what I make of it, storyline is intriguing but I'm still a bit lukewarm.

Yes and ditto but have stuck with it. Seems to have a similar theme to another series or film but can't think what. She's a bit of a hard watch...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just getting round to watching The Wire. Its OK but always heard its one of the best TV shows ever has maybe left me expecting too much. It ain't as good as The Sopranos that's for sure.

Give it time, it will draw you in.
On the flip side, I tried watching The Sopranos and gave up after the first few episodes as it was gash ?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Give it time, it will draw you in.
On the flip side, I tried watching The Sopranos and gave up after the first few episodes as it was gash ?
The Sopranos really gets going by the middle of the first season. The best series I've ever watched by a long way.
I am going to watch The Wire to the end, I'm midway through season two and enjoying it but I think I was just expecting too much. Its a bit like Breaking Bad, I was late to that party too and just never thought it was as great as most people were saying.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Sopranos really gets going by the middle of the first season. The best series I've ever watched by a long way.
I am going to watch The Wire to the end, I'm midway through season two and enjoying it but I think I was just expecting too much. Its a bit like Breaking Bad, I was late to that party too and just never thought it was as great as most people were saying.

The Sopranos is an example of how HBO changed TV. They don't need to get immediate viewing figures in order to get a second season, so they can allow the characters and plot to build, and they took their time with The Sopranos which turns out to be quite complex and multi-layered, and is a great show. So is The Wire, and was quicker to get going.

I liked Breaking Bad better than other, though. Better Call Saul is great too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with @Beezerk I'm afraid. I got to the middle of the first season and don't feel it got going. So boring I couldn't wait for each episode to end. We gave up on it, unsure what the fuss was about.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Finished Squid Games.
still don’t get the hype. It became entirely predictable and the ending was poor.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just finished Lovesick on Netflix, which I thoroughly enjoyed, some very funny moments and the 4 main characters were pretty good throughout, especially his mate Angus.

Call My Agent on Netflix. Very funny and very French if you like that sort of thing, also full of cameos from all the top names in French cinema but a bit strange as you don’t know who they are. Juliet Binoche and Sigourney Weaver also appear.

Just started this, have only watched the first two episodes, but am liking it so far. The main male actor was good in the tunnel, which led me to giving it a go.