TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D-S

Visit site
Halfway through the Outlaws. Quirky humour. Can't wait for the denouement.
They used our golf club as a base during the filming whilst we were all in lockdown earlier this year. It was nice to see some life at the otherwise deserted golf club, amazing how many people and vehicles were involved. They shot a some footage at the club as well so interested to see if that makes it into any episode, always looking for local locations whilst watching a bit like ‘Only Fools and Horses‘ too as this was shot around here too.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
They used our golf club as a base during the filming whilst we were all in lockdown earlier this year. It was nice to see some life at the otherwise deserted golf club, amazing how many people and vehicles were involved. They shot a some footage at the club as well so interested to see if that makes it into any episode, always looking for local locations whilst watching a bit like ‘Only Fools and Horses‘ too as this was shot around here too.
It seems Showtrial was located in Bristol also.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Looking forward to the return of Dexter after about a decade's absence.
We were gong to name our new puppy that seven years ago.
A Welsh Terrorist Terrier.

Turned out that a girl in the litter seemed to like us more--jumped all over us-- so we chose her and named her Molly.
Couldn't call a Welsh dog by a non-British Isles sounding name.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
About 2/3 way through season one of 'Temple' really starting to enjoy it now. Long story short about a surgeon who somehow has started an underground clinic for cash jobs to help him while he searches for a cure for his terminally ill wife who's death he has faked....

Also, extremely late to the party, have finally started to watch the office (US Version) I bloomin love Steve Carrell. but at what point do you stop 'comparing' him to Gervais, or Tim, Gareth etc and just think of the US mob as their own characters... Does that make sense?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also, extremely late to the party, have finally started to watch the office (US Version) I bloomin love Steve Carrell. but at what point do you stop 'comparing' him to Gervais, or Tim, Gareth etc and just think of the US mob as their own characters... Does that make sense?
I didn't watch the UK Office, can't bear Ricky Gervais. I've seen clips of it and found it deeply unfunny. My daughter convinced me to watch the US version, 'stick with it' she said. I believe the first series stays quite close to the UK one in style but then starts to go its own way by series 2. I found Carrell annoying at first but then he and the other characters develop nicely, they calm down.

In answer to you question, I can't fully say but I suspect it will happen during series 2. Those who have seen both can answer better but that was the feeling I got. It settled down in series 2, the characters found their feet.

I've seen them all by the way, loved it. There are great moments in it, great characters.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
About 2/3 way through season one of 'Temple' really starting to enjoy it now. Long story short about a surgeon who somehow has started an underground clinic for cash jobs to help him while he searches for a cure for his terminally ill wife who's death he has faked....

I also started the American Office a few weeks ago (although we put it on hold for something else but we will go back to it). As others have said above, the first series just felt like a poor man's UK version, only Michael Scott just seemed cold and mean-spirited to me. I think it's because Americans can't do 'cringe' humour like the English comedies. But from series two I think they started to make it their own more and let the characters become more natural.

Springveldt

Visit site
Just finished Another Life on Netflix, I enjoyed it even although the reviews weren't great.

Still haven't watched Squid Games yet, might give it a go next.