TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thinking of something quite different - having found a love for a lot of the output from Studio Ghibli (many are currently available on Netflix) - Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle - The Tale of Princess Kaguya is particularly beautiful - and many others - I'm going to have a look at Castlevania...adult anime series...('adult' only as not being anime specifically targetted at children).

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thinking of something quite different - having found a love for a lot of the output from Studio Ghibli (many are currently available on Netflix) - Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle - The Tale of Princess Kaguya is particularly beautiful - and many others - I'm going to have a look at Castlevania...adult anime series...('adult' only as not being anime specifically targetted at children).

I've been meaning to watch this for years. I've only managed the first 20 mins ages ago.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've been meaning to watch this for years. I've only managed the first 20 mins ages ago.
It is excellent - they are all very different - some clearly more targetted at a young(er) audience, but some offering much for the adult viewer. If you fancy something extremely gentle, amusing, poignant and beautifully animated with a haunting soundtrack, I thoroughly recommend The Tale of the Princess Kaguya - utterly mesmerising.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So we almost finished re watching the fresh Prince. We mainly watch it in bed when feeding the twins at night ..

At night when little lady is in bed we have started Dexter . I've seen them all before .. but Mrs never has

I loved it first time

Tonight is season 3 last 2 episodes lol think we are doing 3 series a fortnight ATM

Forgot how good seasons 2 and 3 were I just remember how good season 4 is can't wait

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So we almost finished re watching the fresh Prince. We mainly watch it in bed when feeding the twins at night ..

At night when little lady is in bed we have started Dexter . I've seen them all before .. but Mrs never has

I loved it first time

Tonight is season 3 last 2 episodes lol think we are doing 3 series a fortnight ATM

Forgot how good seasons 2 and 3 were I just remember how good season 4 is can't wait

Funny old thing, I have just started to rewatch Dexter, 2 episodes of series 3 left, seen it before but ages ago ????

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A real long term project, just started Star Trek, The Next Generation from episode one as much of it passed me by when first released. God some of the early episodes were bad.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A real long term project, just started Star Trek, The Next Generation from episode one as much of it passed me by when first released. God some of the early episodes were bad.
I'm doing Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) from S1E1. I missed it first time round - and I am just loving it. It is nothing at all as I expected as I was imagining a Star Trek 'rip-off' and it is absolutely nothing of the sort - though I'm comparing with the original Star Trek and not Next Generation.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Brave New World. :unsure:

9-1-1: Lone Star. Fluffy.

Managed one episode of 911 Lonestar and had to jack it in. "Fluffy" is being kind, Rob Lowe is much better than that, and Liv Tyler has changed a fair bit since Arwen.

Got them sitting on the planner, but not rushing to watch it having watched the first few. Promised much with the rebuild the station line, but it doesn't seem to know if it wants to be a drama or a comedy and misses on both fronts. Bring back Chicago Fire.

Getting to watch Blue Bloods piecemeal. As Virgin customers we don't get Atlantic so have to wait for it to wash up on Witness. Having watched the most recent series, we are now watching the first series.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got them sitting on the planner, but not rushing to watch it having watched the first few. Promised much with the rebuild the station line, but it doesn't seem to know if it wants to be a drama or a comedy and misses on both fronts. Bring back Chicago Fire.

Getting to watch Blue Bloods piecemeal. As Virgin customers we don't get Atlantic so have to wait for it to wash up on Witness. Having watched the most recent series, we are now watching the first series.

I'm going to look at Chicago Fire, if I can get it, as something that will hopefully have more depth.

U

User62651

Missed it first time round so watching Borgen, 3 episodes in it's pretty good political drama.
Only issue is the dubbing with every UK accent you can think of?. You know it's Danish set in Copenhagen so they should've used Danes speaking English for the dubbing IMHO.
Wondering if I can get a subtitled version instead.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Currently watching the re-runs of the Trailblazers music series on Sky Arts. Great one tonight about the emergence of rave music or EDM as it is perhaps known as now. Some great insights from those that were there at the very start. Not my favourite genre of music but some great tracks from my youth in there evoked some memories from when I was in my early 20's. Even more fun as HID didn't have a clue as she was still in school