TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
After me randomly asking Alexa to play Bix Beiderbecke, we've got hold of the series and started watching it last night. They don't make them like this anymore sadly. And Barbara Flynn in her prime. (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought the ending of Roadkill was damp squib. Everything built up nicely and then meh.

Barbarians on Netflix. I love this type of book so am trying the show. In German with subtitles. No expense spared so far, looks good.

Lincoln Rhyme on Atlantic. A bit formulaic, main lead is having to compete with Denzel Washington from the film and no one can do that. May stick with it, may bin it after 5-6 episodes depending on how it develops.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
We just finished the Sister, which i thought was very good. Set up well for season 2.

We have decided to intro the kids to Friday Night Dinner, so we will go back to S1 E1 of that! Nice silly comedy you can switch off to!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm doing Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) from S1E1. I missed it first time round - and I am just loving it. It is nothing at all as I expected as I was imagining a Star Trek 'rip-off' and it is absolutely nothing of the sort - though I'm comparing with the original Star Trek and not Next Generation.
I hope you realised that the first series isn’t actually the first content for this show? There were a couple of feature length shows before they officially started series one so just wanted to make sure you’ve seen those or you’re missing a lot.

U

User62651

Just finished The Queens Gambit on Netflix. About 7 hours worth. If chess and the 1960s is something you relate to it's a compelling little drama. Enjoyed it. 8/10.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just started "Swedish Dicks" on Netflix........ no......stop it....... it's not what you think. Fairly amusing caper about two Swedish wannabee private detectives in Los Angeles, starring Peter Stormare, and weirdly, Keanu Reeves.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I hope you realised that the first series isn’t actually the first content for this show? There were a couple of feature length shows before they officially started series one so just wanted to make sure you’ve seen those or you’re missing a lot.
Yup - I watched the two lead-in feature length films...

Now into the second series and really with it...:)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching the re-runs (again) of UFO.
Just awesome Gerry Anderson - theme music is epic. Never realised how bad a man manager Ed Straker is though until I re-watched it. The Aliens go from being desperate to save themselves to trying to destroy the Earth by the end of the series. But truly brilliant TV if almost 50 years old now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just awesome Gerry Anderson - theme music is epic. Never realised how bad a man manager Ed Straker is though until I re-watched it. The Aliens go from being desperate to save themselves to trying to destroy the Earth by the end of the series. But truly brilliant TV if almost 50 years old now.
Indeed. Gabrielle Drake as Lt Ellis was definitely taking advantage of Sylvia Andersons costumes to show off her figure. Quite nice back in the day.

Last edited:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Indeed. Gabrielle Drake as Lt Ellis was definitely took advantage of Sylvia Andersons costumes

And Benedict Cumberbatch's mum is in the first episode on the flight across the Atlantic and then turns up in the final few episodes as Straker's No.2 when Alec Freeman could not make the re-scheduled filming. Not that I have read up a ton on this series at all …..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And Benedict Cumberbatch's mum is in the first episode on the flight across the Atlantic and then turns up in the final few episodes as Straker's No.2 when Alec Freeman could not make the re-scheduled filming. Not that I have read up a ton on this series at all …..

That'll be Wanda Ventham as Col Virginia Lake. Didn't she get it on with Paul Freeman and Alec Freeman