TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was looking for some easy viewing last night, started "Emily in Paris" on Netflix. Can't say it was great despite a 7.2 rating on IMDB, certainly very predictable, young American moves to France, can't speak the lingo but charms most to become the best marketing exec ever. Still not sure I like the main character, she's a bit too twee, but, I quite like the politically incorrect French colleague and he made me chuckle a few times. Mrs wedge gave up after the first episode, not sure how but I somehow ended up sitting through 5..... :eek:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Two excellent new shows on Netflix

The Queen's Gambit. Never really thought a show about chess would be quite as riveting as this.... well, not really about chess, although it is, but 3 episodes in it is quite gripping.

Barbarians. For all that like "Last Kingdom", this is a similar premise but set in Germany. Two episodes in and totally hooked. It's a Dutch show, but the characters speak in their native tongues, German, Italian/ Latin etc. Best with subs on.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched it at lunch time while on my break.
Let’s hope it’s a good as first series
Can someone time it for me please?
I think it is based between the prequel 3 movies and the original ones? That would make baby Yoda not the actual baby Yoda but just a baby of the same species?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finished Power last night, but if a slog towards the end and not sure I'll bother with Power book 2.
Think Narcos mexico next season is out soon so will have a trawl for something in the meantime tonight.