TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We lasted 30 minutes into ep1 and then gave up. It looked a bit teenagery for me. I'm pleased to hear we were not wrong.

I've started Deadwind 2, enjoying it already (y).

finally got to “Finnish” this last night ?(sorry). Season 2 didn’t hook me as quick as season 1, I took a bit of time between episode. Glad I stuck with it though, it was better towards the end.

Started “Good Girls” on Netflix last week. Quite enjoyable so far. It’s very much in the vein of ”Weeds”, which is one of my all time fav shows. I’m not sure whether the similarity will eventually put me off though. Am almost tempted to go back and watch Weeds again......

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What was that on? It's not on Netflix yet.
Finished the lot now. Weird that 7 is only 13 EP long. Maybe due to covid? Who knows ..

Still very funny

However just like 6 which had them switch to NBC from fox it had the bleeped out swearing which turns out was because fox wouldnt allow it but NBC will and they think it's funny

It's used too much and actually isn't funny at all

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Snowpiercer on Netflix. I'm watching it with my lad. I can't quite say what I think yet ?. It's a 7/10 so far, okay but no better. Lots of leaps of faith required.

It's one that could really take a step up, hopefully it will.
Watched three episodes. A bit of nonsense and a stretch too far in a lot of places - but that's the thing with that sort of series - and I rather like the sort of thing so will watch more.

Meanwhile...Mrs SILH and I are struggling to finish Mrs America; and so we've started on Ozark...and think I'll go back to restart watching Altered Carbon - started but lost grip of it so will have another go.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kirsty Wark and Scottish BBC putting Alex Salmond on trial again tonight [unless I have totally mis- read their intentions.;)]
Found innocent by a predominately female jury in one case and no case to answer in the other.

Seemingly some of the alphabet women have been interviewed by Wark.
This begs the question, how did the BBC know who they were.:unsure:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mindhunter. Gripping but quite heavy at times.
Money Heist (Spanish, subtitles). Not bad but becoming a bit convoluted.
Condor. Fun twisty spy series with Jeremy Irons' son in the lead role.
About to start Dark, German sci-fi thriller. No spoilers, please.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just watched series 2 of Harry's Heroes. Very enjoyable, hits home seeing what issues some of these ex-players have faced, but balanced with a bit of humour as well. Good stuff.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Prodigal Son on Sky. Decent premis, son of serial killer helps police to solve murders. Typical US fodder. Elevated by Michael Sheen having the time of his life as the serial killer, some decent stories and good police team. Damaged by some ham acting not seen at this level since Joan Collins was around by the leads mother. The leads sister is also pretty weak. In times of poor fare on the tv it just about passes, thank you Michael.

The Hunters, Amazon. Only early into the series but so far it looks very strong. Nazi hunters in the US, around the 70's I think. Powerful stuff and a quite superb start to the first episode which sets the tone. I'm hoping it keeps it up.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just watched series 2 of Harry's Heroes. Very enjoyable, hits home seeing what issues some of these ex-players have faced, but balanced with a bit of humour as well. Good stuff.

Quite enjoyed it for a lazy watch. Razor Ruddock though, he is the guy you just can't help, you just know he will be back on the booze in no time, Nothing but respect for Merse however!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quite enjoyed it for a lazy watch. Razor Ruddock though, he is the guy you just can't help, you just know he will be back on the booze in no time, Nothing but respect for Merse however!
Merson was brilliant, I used to think he was just an idiot really, but having seen him on things like Harry's Heroes (1st series as well) I really like him these days. What he said was so true - if he'd have gone to that pub they would have refused to get him a drink, but with Razor they were all buying him pints. Yet there's no difference - alcohol was killing them one way or another. And now Razor has had a pacemaker fitted. He'll be lucky to reach his 60s.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Merson was brilliant, I used to think he was just an idiot really, but having seen him on things like Harry's Heroes (1st series as well) I really like him these days. What he said was so true - if he'd have gone to that pub they would have refused to get him a drink, but with Razor they were all buying him pints. Yet there's no difference - alcohol was killing them one way or another. And now Razor has had a pacemaker fitted. He'll be lucky to reach his 60s.

I really enjoyed you in the second series of 'What we do in the Shadows'. Tremendous fun.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Prodigal Son on Sky. Decent premis, son of serial killer helps police to solve murders. Typical US fodder. Elevated by Michael Sheen having the time of his life as the serial killer, some decent stories and good police team. Damaged by some ham acting not seen at this level since Joan Collins was around by the leads mother. The leads sister is also pretty weak. In times of poor fare on the tv it just about passes, thank you Michael.

I watched and quite enjoyed Episode 1 of Prodigal Son but have had no desire or inclination to go and watch Episode 2 so can't have made too strong an impression on me. Will likely go back and watch it at some point.

Excited for I'll Be Gone In The Dark which is available On Demand on Sky from the 30th. Based on the book written by Michelle McNamara about the, at the time, unidentified "Golden State Killer" who was sentenced in the last week. Love me some True Crime, the Casefile series of Podcasts about him was great.