TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Fall, I know it was on BBC a few years back, been picked up by Netflix and started watching a couple of weeks ago, compelling viewing
We found the first two series very compelling, powerful stuff. We gave up on the third quite quickly. He is one scary fella and Gillian Anderson exudes power. Great casting.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
We found the first two series very compelling, powerful stuff. We gave up on the third quite quickly. He is one scary fella and Gillian Anderson exudes power. Great casting.

Jamie Dornan's Dad Jim was a (now retired) very well known and popular Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in Belfast, and as a medical student, I had him for my final exam in O&G. When I saw his name up alongside mine on the exam allocations, I cheered out loud. It was the equivalent of having 3 putts to win from 10 feet. For that reason alone, I like Jamie too.

U

User62651

Finished 'The Last Wave' that was on BBC4 recently. French slightly supernatural drama about a cloud that appears over a French surfing resort with some strange consequences. It was a bit hokey in places, but enjoyable nevertheless. Kind of similar in tone a bit to Les Revenants if anyone watched that.
Cheers for the heads up, have watched 4 episodes already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've watched the first five episodes of Last Man On Earth. They should have named it Most Cringeworthy Man on Earth. It is funny, but he gets worse every episode, I'm sure I'll be able to make it until the end.

Also watched the first 2 eps of the Spurs documentary on Amazon. Very interesting and enlightening so far. Interesting to see how Jose manages players, having heard all the rumours of him falling out with players over the years. I've always begrudgingly liked him though, long before he was our manager.

Oh, I also watched the first 2 eps of Detectorists after recommendations here. Must admit, quite dull so far, I'm not sure I'll even remember to carry on with that.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I've watched the first five episodes of Last Man On Earth. They should have named it Most Cringeworthy Man on Earth. It is funny, but he gets worse every episode, I'm sure I'll be able to make it until the end.

Also watched the first 2 eps of the Spurs documentary on Amazon. Very interesting and enlightening so far. Interesting to see how Jose manages players, having heard all the rumours of him falling out with players over the years. I've always begrudgingly liked him though, long before he was our manager.

Oh, I also watched the first 2 eps of Detectorists after recommendations here. Must admit, quite dull so far, I'm not sure I'll even remember to carry on with that.

You're so wrong and therefore dead to me now. ;)

giphy.gif

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go sit a corner and have a think about what you have just said.

When you are ready, please come back and rejoin the group.

After you apologize!!
What's so good about it? There's no belly laughs, just chuckles. A lot of it is fairly tragic actually so far.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's so good about it? There's no belly laughs, just chuckles. A lot of it is fairly tragic actually so far.

I think its due to the ease of watching, the effortless story flow, the writing and casting is genius, the fact that it isn't huge belly laughs, but plenty of chuckles without being rude or crass or in your face, maybe it should have been released 20 years ago as not in your face or shocking enough.

But if we all agreed, it would be a dull place we live!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think its due to the ease of watching, the effortless story flow, the writing and casting is genius, the fact that it isn't huge belly laughs, but plenty of chuckles without being rude or crass or in your face, maybe it should have been released 20 years ago as not in your face or shocking enough.

But if we all agreed, it would be a dull place we live!
Just watched episode three and it was definitely an improvement - probably just a slow-burner (I figured it would be). I'll stick with it - on my own since the wife absolutely hated the first episode. :LOL:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Just watched episode three and it was definitely an improvement - probably just a slow-burner (I figured it would be). I'll stick with it - on my own since the wife absolutely hated the first episode. :LOL:

I'd get rid mate, sounds a wrong un. ;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been watching Alias Smith and Jones from the beginning....1971.
Can that really have been 49 years ago? :eek:

Wow, that is a long time indeed. The first series had an actor in it who then died, and was replaced with a less interesting actor for the rest. It was a good premise for a show, though.

One of them then starred in a preposterously stupid but fun show called Gemini Man.