TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wow, that is a long time indeed. The first series had an actor in it who then died, and was replaced with a less interesting actor for the rest. It was a good premise for a show, though.

One of them then starred in a preposterously stupid but fun show called Gemini Man.

Pete Duel was the actor that died, replaced by Roger Davies. Ben Murphy went on to become the Gemini man. Used to be on Monday nights, my dad would let me and my brother stay up late to watch it as mum was out.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pete Duel was the actor that died, replaced by Roger Davies. Ben Murphy went on to become the Gemini man. Used to be on Monday nights, my dad would let me and my brother stay up late to watch it as mum was out.

There used to be a lot of cowboy stuff around then. One of my first memories is watching a show on Saturday at teatime called Branded with Chuck Connors as a disgraced cavalry soldier.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
There used to be a lot of cowboy stuff around then. One of my first memories is watching a show on Saturday at teatime called Branded with Chuck Connors as a disgraced cavalry soldier.

Yeah, we grew up with westerns or war stories. Gun smoke, The Virginian, Bonanza, High Chapparal and Maverick are all fondly remembered. Don't remember much of Rawhide, but there was also The lone Ranger, Champion the Wonder Horse, Casey Jones and Zorro. Always wanted to be a cowboy and still love a good western?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, we grew up with westerns or war stories. Gun smoke, The Virginian, Bonanza, High Chapparal and Maverick are all fondly remembered. Don't remember much of Rawhide, but there was also The lone Ranger, Champion the Wonder Horse, Casey Jones and Zorro. Always wanted to be a cowboy and still love a good western?
Here's a few from my childhood,
Roy Rogers the singing cowboy ,The Cisco Kid and Pancho, The Range Rider, Cheyanne.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

They weren't as fast as Kid Curry though. ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I finished the first series of Detectorists last night. It definitely got better after the first two episodes. Those first two just give the impression of a sleepy, chuckling comedy, but after that the more dramatic storylines come in.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I finished the first series of Detectorists last night. It definitely got better after the first two episodes. Those first two just give the impression of a sleepy, chuckling comedy, but after that the more dramatic storylines come in.

more dramatic and Detectorists is a bit of an oxymoon! The whole charm is centred on the lack of drama and subtleties of the script and characters

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
more dramatic and Detectorists is a bit of an oxymoon! The whole charm is centred on the lack of drama and subtleties of the script and characters
I meant dramatic just as in the more serious parts of the storyline, to fit a Comedy/Drama billing. Not dramatic as in the dictionary definition of being overblown, lol.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just started Torchwood. I'm not a big Dr Who fan, but after a couple episodes Torchwood seems ok.....and the Welsh girl is cute. I can see getting tired of it after a season though....wait and see.
Also have been watching....cough cough cough......Stargirl. If they had done this a bit more seriously I think I would like it. As usual, the parts are way overplayed......with too many irritating behaviors.
Just saw a preview of Freaks on Netflix I might try it out.....

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Just started Torchwood. I'm not a big Dr Who fan, but after a couple episodes Torchwood seems ok.....and the Welsh girl is cute. I can see getting tired of it after a season though....wait and see.
Also have been watching....cough cough cough......Stargirl. If they had done this a bit more seriously I think I would like it. As usual, the parts are way overplayed......with too many irritating behaviors.
Just saw a preview of Freaks on Netflix I might try it out.....

I used to enjoy Torchwood, was good fun. Try Keeping Faith then if you like Eve Myles as she's in most scenes. First series was very good, second one awful.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Instant Hotel on Netflix. Aussie reality nonsense a bit like 4 in a bed. But the latter is horrid whilst the former is a bit of fun as it gives some insight into Aussie character - as well as some nice Aussie locations/destinations - many that we were lucky enough to visit last year. Watching with Mrs as we have very different tastes in serial dramas - and this is neutral and very non-taxing ground that we can watch together...