TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Star Trek Picard - got a free Amazon Prime membership just to watch it so doing an episode a night. First three have been pretty decent but wow does Patrick Stewart look old. I guess because he is.
Please post what you think if you follow it all the way. I stopped after 4 episodes, I just found it very dull and living off the brand, but may be it picked up?

Edit: just seen Beezerk's post ?

U

User62651

Binge watched series one of Cardinal on IPlayer - gritty and mildly gruesome serial killer thriller (with some secondary plot lines) set in winter in northern Ontario, Canada.
6 x 40 minute episodes to conclude the case. Good crime drama and there are 3 more series to watch.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Please post what you think if you follow it all the way. I stopped after 4 episodes, I just found it very dull and living off the brand, but may be it picked up?

Edit: just seen Beezerk's post ?

I think you have to be a big Trekky fan to enjoy it all. There's bits towards the end where you just end up thinking 'Wtf just happened?' but not in a good way...

I'll be giving season 2 a miss.
If you like your Sci-Fi then I highly recommend The Expanse, The books are better than the TV series though, as with all things.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a few on the go ATM

Mrs and I are flipping between modern family (on season 4 ATM I think) and Brooklyn 99 (on season 3)

I'm watching on my own peep show again

After I finish peep show I'll revisit fresh Prince

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Young Offenders season 3 is available on iPlayer! watched 3 last night, a mixed bag, a little slow and predictable at times, then PROPER spit tea out of mouth laughing the house down!

Can't wait to catch the last 3!! (yes I know I am a child!)

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just about to watch Trev McDonald's The Secret Mediterranean which is a bit of a misnomer as he's been to Venice and Barcelona in previous weeks visiting the tourist hotspots. I like the steady stream of geography based progs but dont claim its secret when its just re-hashing old ground.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Finished Star Trek - Picard. It did get better after the slow first couple of episodes but turned pretty silly near the end. Imagine an 18 handicapper starting with a bunch of two pointers with one blob, then throwing in some three pointers before finishing with four points in the final four holes.

Good points without spoilers - some nice cameos.
Bad points without spoilers - no way technology went that far in 30 years. Some terrible cameos. Turning into a Marvel film at times.

Would I recommend it - for die-hard Trek fans yes just to see the continuation of some characters. But would I watch it again, no. 5/10 or a 30 point score for that 18 handicapper and a 0.1 increase.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Finally ordered the box set of "The Young Ones". Absolute classic anarchic comedy although a couple of scenes would never make it past today's politically correct censors.
And Toxteth O'Grady still holds the record for sticking marshmallows up a single nostril (604, USA).

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
There were some interesting insights into him and his relationship with Midge Ure too...kind of made me question some of his motives.

It seemed that Midge Ure's Sloany ex was more upset. Bob has always been a complicated person who doesn't care who he upsets if he wants to do something. There was an excellent documentary on the Boomtown Rats on BBC4 a couple of months ago which is well worth a watch if it's still on the iPlayer.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It seemed that Midge Ure's Sloany ex was more upset. Bob has always been a complicated person who doesn't care who he upsets if he wants to do something. There was an excellent documentary on the Boomtown Rats on BBC4 a couple of months ago which is well worth a watch if it's still on the iPlayer.

Yes Midge wasn't too bothered - think it was more he was lied to about why his set was put back. To be fair Bob knew nothing about that...hopefully!