Trainers aka training shoes

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Wow. I feel left out. I've got a pair of New Balance. Worn occasionally.

Do Merrell hiking shoes count? Otherwise that's it.

I think trainers are allowed in the clubhouse, but I never wear them there.

Since I stopped work, I chucked out several pairs of formal shoes. I keep 2 for weddings, funerals and golf societies!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some black Nikes my daughter bought me, white Nike AF1 and a pair of dark blue New Balance (can't remember the number) are my main trainers, a pair for every occasion ?
Can't beat seeing a MAMIS (middle aged man in Samba) for a good throwback laugh.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Some black Nikes my daughter bought me, white Nike AF1 and a pair of dark blue New Balance (can't remember the number) are my main trainers, a pair for every occasion ?
Can't beat seeing a MAMIS (middle aged man in Samba) for a good throwback laugh.
We invented them ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Lad spoke to me earlier he sold a pair of his adidas “Elland” to his pal last night £100. His mate is chuffed to bits with them. Lad says he only has about 90 pairs now.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trainers? None. Have one pair of running shoes - but given that I don't run, I now only wear them to the gym. And one pair of golf shoes that rather look like trainers.
Hats off to those who have 100 or more pairs - my house ain't big enough for 100 pairs of anything ...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trainers? None. Have one pair of running shoes - but given that I don't run, I now only wear them to the gym. And one pair of golf shoes that rather look like trainers.
Hats off to those who have 100 or more pairs - my house ain't big enough for 100 pairs of anything ...

Love it! I was such a tomboy that maybe they were boys sandals :)

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve worn trainers as casual shoes since the seventies. Always with socks and the laces tied up. Used to wear Dunlop green flash a lot as well.
A shoe I remember from school days were wayfarers with a compass hidden in the heel.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I’ve worn trainers as casual shoes since the seventies. Always with socks and the laces tied up. Used to wear Dunlop green flash a lot as well.
A shoe I remember from school days were wayfarers with a compass hidden in the heel.
I remember boys in my primary school in the 60s with Tuf Wayfarers. As well as the compass, the sole had impressions of various animal footprints to help you identify them should you come across any out in the wild.
I had a pair of Tuf shoes, but not the Wayfarers. I think these might have been mine, a bit more suitable for school maybe...

Tuf.jpg

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our dress code is a bit ambiguous so I'm going to start wearing my trainers which aren't for any other sport...

Smart, clean casual dress and footwear must be worn at all times as a minimum requirement, this may now include smart denim trousers (i.e. not including any distressed, ripped or faded styles). Casual shoes are permitted but sports and activity shoes that are primarily designed for sports or other forms of physical exercise (including golf shoes) are not permitted. Stockinged feet, hats and collarless shirts are also notpermitted. Gentlemen should wear socks with all styles of shoes at all times. Under 12’s are exempt from the above dress code.
Can women wear collarless shirts?

I think people should be allowed to wear whatever they like in the clubhouse, as long as they are clean.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When my son lived with us I converted a wardrobe into shoe holes .
He must have had 100 pairs in it it was full to bursting.
Unfortunately they were not my size.