Top 5 bass lines. Of all time???

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I never could resist the 'Out Of Bounds' section!! :D

As a bit of Bank Holiday silliness as I sit here with my face glowing like a 5 bar electric heater. I'd thought I'd have a go at the top 5 bass lines. Subjective of course.

In no particular order.

Chic - Good Times (As used by the Sugarhill Gang's - Rapper's Delight).
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes & Welcome To The Pleasuredome.
Simple Minds - Sons & Fascination.
New Order - Blue Monday.
U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One.
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.
Okay that's six! (Though technically it's eight!) But I couldn't leave out Billie Jean!

I have links to all the above songs via the blog to YouTube. Just in case you wanna check 'em out like!!;) (The Frankie Goes To Hollywood one is an absolute treat.)
http://mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk

Nope. Still not trying to flog anything, no pop ups and no adverts.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Chic's I want your love is quality
Police - Walking on the Moon
AC/DC - Sin City
Free - All Right Now
Simple Minds - Glittering Prize...

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Jackson 5 "can you feel it" when the bass is tweaked up is pretty powerful in any club I have ever heard it played.
HH, you have your blog link in your sig anyway, is your surname Simpson by any chance? ;)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have Rappers delight on 12" vinyl, 15 mins each side and both sides are exactly the same. The label says DJ copy only, but I never was one so don't know how I came accross it.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
The Jackson 5 "can you feel it" when the bass is tweaked up is pretty powerful in any club I have ever heard it played.
HH, you have your blog link in your sig anyway, is your surname Simpson by any chance? ;)

Hi Brendy. It's been a long time!! Lol. I only included it in the post as a link to the actual pieces of music. I wouldn't want people having to guess that the blog had the links on it. ;)

I was going to say something about Mr S's blog. But I'll think you'll find it has a lot more variety to it. :eek:oo::)

B

birdieman

Great bass line through Stranglehold by Ted Nugent.
WMA by Pearl Jam has a great hook bass line too.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Intro to Living on a Prayer

Two Tribes

Had to go and listen to Living on a Prayer to see that it actually had a bass line in the intro. Personally I'd go for the intro to Keep The Faith. Surprised no-one has mentioned Fleetwood Mac & The Chain, surely the best known bass line of all time? Ball of Confusion by The Temptations and the intro to The Eagle's One of these Nights would be another 2 for me.