Tiger oot.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Its a shame, i am by no way a tiger "fan" however its hard not to respect the guy with his trophy cabinet! Like a few have pointed out, hopefully for now at least the US producers will be forced to show more players, which for us a viewers is fantastic! I think Homer said it above, i want him at the masters, i want him and ten other guys in the mix on Sunday night, Then Russell Henley to win it at 150/1, but hey! I hope the time off gets him physically and mentally ready for augusta, the tournament without him would not quite be the same..
totally agree:thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Its a shame, i am by no way a tiger "fan" however its hard not to respect the guy with his trophy cabinet! Like a few have pointed out, hopefully for now at least the US producers will be forced to show more players, which for us a viewers is fantastic! I think Homer said it above, i want him at the masters, i want him and ten other guys in the mix on Sunday night, Then Russell Henley to win it at 150/1, but hey! I hope the time off gets him physically and mentally ready for augusta, the tournament without him would not quite be the same..

So when Tiger retires through age or infirmity then The Masters might as well pack up and go home :)

I'm not a great Tiger fan great golfer though he is - purely for general his demeanor and (apparent) arrogance, but I am even less a fan of putting folk up on pedestals and worshipping them - and that seems to be what has happened over the years with Tiger. And I no likee.

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So when Tiger retires through age or infirmity then The Masters might as well pack up and go home :)

I'm not a great Tiger fan great golfer though he is - purely for general his demeanor and (apparent) arrogance, but I am even less a fan of putting folk up on pedestals and worshipping them - and that seems to be what has happened over the years with Tiger. And I no likee.

like Hogan ;)

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Suspect another change of coach might be on the horizon seeing as Foley's remit was to protect Tiger's knee the next will be to protect his back, saying that if he could swing the club on the course like he does on the practice ground he'd probably suffer with it less!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

Of course it doesn't, and you know it doesn't. he retires, he retires end of, but he is the world number 1 no? Unlike you to post an argumentative reply SILH! ;)

As i posted in my first reply, I am not a fan of him personally, however I do admire him and his achievements.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Love it how the usual suspects that moan about Tiger getting too much Tv time & publicity,are straight in as soon as a Tiger thread pops up. Closet Tiger fans perhaps :D

D

Deleted member 15344

Of course it doesn't, and you know it doesn't. he retires, he retires end of, but he is the world number 1 no? Unlike you to post an argumentative reply SILH! ;)

As i posted in my first reply, I am not a fan of him personally, however I do admire him and his achievements.

Spot on with the past sentence

Can only admire what he has achieved and his ability

But don't like it when the coverage is just about him regardless of what he is scoring

He IMO is no longer the only player on that high stage - there are multiple excitement highly talented players in the comps now and I would like to see them play and not just Woods. That's why I prefer the coverage when he isn't playing - because it's spread amongst all the other players

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tiger has always protected his OWGR points. He only plays events with good points available and where he has done well in the past. That is one reason he pulled out of Honda, as a WD does not count as an event, so his average score is unaffected.

Tiger already plays fewer events than the denominator, so each event has to score more than 10 points on average to keep his average, and a T42 after a couple of rounds of 75 mixed in with a couple of better rounds won't achieve that, so he has probably calculated that with his driving being all over the place and only a miraculous short game keeping his scores anywhere near par, better to WD and not risk diluting his OWGR score and letting Adam Scott get closer before Augusta where Scott has played pretty well and will probably score a bunch more points.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tiger has always protected his OWGR points. He only plays events with good points available and where he has done well in the past. That is one reason he pulled out of Honda, as a WD does not count as an event, so his average score is unaffected.

Tiger already plays fewer events than the denominator, so each event has to score more than 10 points on average to keep his average, and a T42 after a couple of rounds of 75 mixed in with a couple of better rounds won't achieve that, so he has probably calculated that with his driving being all over the place and only a miraculous short game keeping his scores anywhere near par, better to WD and not risk diluting his OWGR score and letting Adam Scott get closer before Augusta where Scott has played pretty well and will probably score a bunch more points.

Or, he actually has a bad back and wants to be fully fit for Augusta? Why is that so hard for people to accept?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cos its wrong :D

Do tell how you know ? .:confused:;)

IMO ... Tiger has one record left to break in golf , Jacks , he will do what he has to do to try achieve that , Its no doubt Tigers body is hurting , Time , injury and wear and tear of practice and playing catches up with every sports star eventually

Personaly i have no time for Tiger woods the man , he has showed traits i dont like especially arrogance, but as a golfer he is amazing and i could never see enough of Tiger playing well ,

we all talk about how nice it is to see jack , Arnie & Tom etc gracing the fairways and playing still , maybe we should stop and smell the roses and enjoy Tiger Woods the genius golfer performing for us at his peak while we can , our grandkids will only hear of the legend we get to see him ..

very few people with his sporting talent come along we should enjoy that no mater what we think of him off the course

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Do tell how you know ? .

IMO ... Tiger has one record left to break in golf , Jacks , he will do what he has to do to try achieve that , Its no doubt Tigers body is hurting , Time , injury and wear and tear of practice and playing catches up with every sports star eventually

Personaly i have no time for Tiger woods the man , he has showed traits i dont like especially arrogance, but as a golfer he is amazing and i could never see enough of Tiger playing well ,

we all talk about how nice it is to see jack , Arnie & Tom etc gracing the fairways and playing still , maybe we should stop and smell the roses and enjoy Tiger Woods the genius golfer performing for us at his peak while we can , our grandkids will only hear of the legend we get to see him ..

very few people wiyh his sporting talent come along we should enjoy that no mater what we think of him off the course

This is fair - I must bear in mind the golfer he is and that they just don't come around that often.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

very few people with his sporting talent come along we should enjoy that no mater what we think of him off the course

Spot on :thup:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

You have answered your own question. Jack and Arnie "graced" the fairways and didn't parade around, eyes focused on the ground, spitting and cursing, banging clubs with a phalanx of protection goons in Nike gear. Woods may have earned respect for his unquestioned talents but he will never be liked to the same extent.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's amazing how many people know Tiger well enough or have been in contact with him recently to "know" that he's faking a bad back.....

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or, he actually has a bad back and wants to be fully fit for Augusta? Why is that so hard for people to accept?

Cos its wrong :D

You have answered your own question. Jack and Arnie "graced" the fairways and didn't parade around, eyes focused on the ground, spitting and cursing, banging clubs with a phalanx of protection goons in Nike gear. Woods may have earned respect for his unquestioned talents but he will never be liked to the same extent.

As far as i know the only Question i asked was how Shivas knew Hawkeyes statement was wrong ,
The rest is only my opinion(as always) , as i stated i have no time for Tiger Woods the man but as a golfer i could never see enough of Tiger playing well ..

ive seen enough live golf to know more than him

"parade around, eyes focused on the ground, spitting and cursing, banging clubs "

just tiger gets more air time than the others so he is seen do it more often ..

Good piece by Darren Clarke in this months mags questions ( i know they are mates )
"the stand out player ive played most with over my career with is Tiger Woods" .... "Tigers talent over the years has been amazing "

WE are blessed as golfers to be able to witness what he used to do and sometimes still manages to do .. but as always just my opinion

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

it's well documented there are so many culprits doing all that and worse yet Tiger gets singled out yet again. It's getting very very boring and monotonous.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh there are plenty others - Perez , Sabbatini , Bradley etc . Lots of stroppy golfers out there - they dont get focused much because we dont see their coverage because its mainly focused on Woods.