Tiger's back!

Boomy

Visit site
Is this comment suggesting that the TV coverage highlighted just Tiger(and Charlie)?
I was only able to watch about 45 minutes last night, but I saw the following great players (and relatives). Lee Trevino, Gary Player, Tom Lehman, Stuart Cink, Nelly Korda, Nick Price, Matt Kuchar. It was great to see them playing. There were probably more, but surely the focus of newsworthy attention will be on Tiger. Like it or not, he IS news!!

80% Tiger and Charlie I’d say, 20% the rest. I also saw snippets of other great players and some very token gestures of others - it would have been great to see a more balanced coverage of them all… but I wasn’t expecting to with Tigers return…

I love how you’ve highlighted the “IS news” part and mentioned newsworthy… we weren’t watching the news, or a news channel - we were watching golf event coverage on a golf channel AND (just to join in with your firm capital usage) they weren’t leading OR anywhere near the top.

Brads

Visit site
So one of history’s greatest golfers comes back after nearly losing a leg and folk are surprised , or more likely annoyed, that it gets loads of coverage?

Boomy

Visit site
So one of history’s greatest golfers comes back after nearly losing a leg and folk are surprised , or more likely annoyed, that it gets loads of coverage?

Certainly not surprised, and more frustrated than annoyed as there are other players I’d like to see more of as well. The general standard of American coverage is poor enough to begin with, without making it the Tiger show.

D

Deleted member 23270

Well young Charlie has worked hard on his sullen face. 12 year olds play for fun, miserable little kid hasn't smiled once all night.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm not watching it but kind of following it on Twitter...
Everyone saying Tiger's going to win this and that...
He's being carried by his 12 year old son...Charlie's doing all the work!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not watching it but kind of following it on Twitter...
Everyone saying Tiger's going to win this and that...
He's being carried by his 12 year old son...Charlie's doing all the work!

Charlie been brilliant, but hes hardly carrying the old man lol. and yes im watching

11 birds on the bounce :)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It would be nice if the Woods’ won, must be a great feeling to win with your kid. Same sentiment can be said for the Daly’s though.

Media circus of Woods’ win though.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So John Daly and his lad win the event. What do Sky do? They show the Wood’s highlight reel. Why not show the Daly’s highlights instead seeing as they were the winners. Turned over to watch the darts instead.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was great TV , staged a bit, a big hitting over the hill white guy and his big beefy son beat injured ex-champ and his wee boy, by 1 shot.
Karate kid springs to my cynical mind :LOL:

Visit site
80% Tiger and Charlie I’d say, 20% the rest. I also saw snippets of other great players and some very token gestures of others - it would have been great to see a more balanced coverage of them all… but I wasn’t expecting to with Tigers return…

I love how you’ve highlighted the “IS news” part and mentioned newsworthy… we weren’t watching the news, or a news channel - we were watching golf event coverage on a golf channel AND (just to join in with your firm capital usage) they weren’t leading OR anywhere near the top.

Sorry Boomy, MY opinion is that you are wrong, but I DO respect YOUR opinion. (lots of emphasis here).
Tiger and his lad were joint leaders of the (fun) competition, had ELEVEN birdies in a row, which I believe is a record, had a round of 56, and you question my comments. Incredible!
There was more than sufficient coverage of other players, and incidentally it was a joy to see some of the older players (Player, Price , Trevino etc) playing so well.
Whether you like it or not (and I suspect that you don't), I would bet that Sky TV will be very happy with the viewing figures........thanks to Tiger and son!

Boomy

Visit site
Sorry Boomy, MY opinion is that you are wrong, but I DO respect YOUR opinion. (lots of emphasis here).
Tiger and his lad were joint leaders of the (fun) competition, had ELEVEN birdies in a row, which I believe is a record, had a round of 56, and you question my comments. Incredible!
There was more than sufficient coverage of other players, and incidentally it was a joy to see some of the older players (Player, Price , Trevino etc) playing so well.
Whether you like it or not (and I suspect that you don't), I would bet that Sky TV will be very happy with the viewing figures........thanks to Tiger and son!

Ha ha you are incredible ? You replied to my comments earlier today which were based on YESTERDAYS viewing (Saturday) then come back many hours LATER and try sniping at me with facts from TONIGHTS (Sunday’s) coverage. Really though ?

Was it not 12 birdies? I’m sure I read 12?! and yes they were joint leaders for a time today but were beaten by a tournament record breaking -27 Team Daly victory (did you notice they won or were you too distracted by the Woods video montage ?) I respect yours (and others) enjoyment of Tiger being back and I’m sure he’ll be featured endlessly as he returns but I like to see broader coverage. Incidentally tonights coverage was slightly better and we did see more teams.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Was it not 12 birdies? I’m sure I read 12?!...
You should pay more attention to what you read! Or check the facts before going all 'boomy'!
12 Birdies total. But 11 consecutive - as per YH's post that you quote/question.

D

Deleted member 23270

You should pay more attention to what you read! Or check the facts before going all 'boomy'!
12 Birdies total. But 11 consecutive - as per YH's post that you quote/question.
Maybe you should follow your own advice. 13 birdies and 1 eagle in total.