Tiger's back!

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I actually watched more of the past two days than I did the WGCs put together and thought Tiger was pretty mind blowing. Couple of rounds before this week is hard enough on top of everything else. I’m nowhere near his No 1 fan but fair play to him on every level going

Tiger on if his performance exceeded expectations:“I wouldn't say "better." I think I had a better sense of my feel of what I could do, the shots I could hit. If you noticed out there, I didn't really play a whole lot of draws. If I did, they were all short irons. Most of them were just hot cuts or slappy cuts up there, you know, something out there. The hardest part for me was that -- what I saw distance-wise and what I felt on my last look -- I always play by my hands and my last look, it didn't match up a lot of times. I was short. And then a few times, I actually hit it solid and I smoked it over a couple greens. You know, I've got some work ahead of me.”

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
Apparently Faldo and Harrington were playing. Also Furyk and Duval. Who knew?

To be fair I couldn’t care less. This was a fun competition and I’m glad they focused on the star attractions.

Brads

Visit site
Lucky for him then
I loved watching the lad play but he did look as deadpan and blank as you could get.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I watched the back 9 last night can't recall seeing him smile once.
Both Tiger and Charlie were laughing and looked like they were just out for fun on Saturday - after their fast start yesterday they both got the game face on and it was obvious that both (Tiger in particular) were taking it much more seriously than they had up till then (or last year). There was a point when they thought they had a chance of winning and after that they looked like Tiger has throughout his career when he's got a chance.

Enjoyed the whole weekend, much more entertaining than most golf tournaments on TV - Little John Daly has a great putting stroke (interesting that unlike just about every other team he putted second) and he and his dad were just as stoney faced and serious as the Woods were.

Brads

Visit site
Yup amazing play but it just looks so alien , a 12 yr old acting like a sullen adult.
His father on the other hand was grinning all day

D

Deleted member 1147

Maybe he was just self conscious...I imagine most kids would be.
None of the kids, even the older ones, were particularly vociferous

sunshine

Visit site
I think it's weird that many of you expect a 12 year old kid to be jumping around laughing and giggling.

I remember playing school and club sport at that age. I'd have a laugh messing around with my mates, but when I was going out to bat for the school 1st XI, or taking a penalty, or the triple jump, or on the starting blocks for the 100m, I was concentrating and deadly serious.

For the adults, the PNC is a fun end of season event. For the kids, it's the biggest sporting moment of their lives so far. On TV in front of a gallery of fans and famous golfers. Heck, if I was in this event last week, playing with Justin Thomas and Tiger Woods, I would be pretty intimidated and take it seriously.

You guys are being way too harsh on a 12 year old boy. Maybe you've forgotten what it was like to play competitive sport, maybe you never played competitively, maybe it's a back-handed way for the Tiger haters to get some snide comments in.

Visit site
There are sufficient comments on here that agree with my thoughts on Tiger and Charlie. But aren't some of you harsh on a 12 year old?
Truth be known there are likely NONE of us who could strike a ball like that lad, and there you are saying he looks a bit miserable. I bet he couldn't care less. He was concentrating. It must have been a pretty big deal, playing with arguably the most famous golfer in the world......and close on winning the comp......AND under the scrutiny of millions on T.V. (as endorsed by Sunshine above). We loved watching him in our household.
I bet Boomy won't agree, but I couldn't care less what he thinks.
Anyway, as stated, there's enough of you in tandem with my thoughts, so I'll leave it at that.