Gary Player

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think they will continue trying to find someone to join Nicklaus and Player on the first tee who is from their era. Next group of three will be Watson, Floyd and Crenshaw, if they are still around in however many years ahead that turns out to be. Floyd was a winner and three-times runner up at the masters, yet is often the forgotten man, or so it seems to me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think they will continue trying to find someone to join Nicklaus and Player on the first tee who is from their era. Next group of three will be Watson, Floyd and Crenshaw, if they are still around in however many years ahead that turns out to be. Floyd was a winner and three-times runner up at the masters, yet is often the forgotten man, or so it seems to me.
Another vote for Ray Floyd - a great player and big character.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems like I mentioned the article wasn't recent....which is why I used the word old. But thanks for repeating it.....
Yep, racism is still an issue in the US.....not sure why you just point out the US problems and don't include the UK in it, by hey ho.

Why would I mention the UK when you were talking about Augusta ?‍♂️

Pretty much every country has on some level an issue with racism with the highlight right now on what is happening in the US and on social media in the UK

Mandofred

Visit site
Why would I mention the UK when you were talking about Augusta ?‍♂️

Pretty much every country has on some level an issue with racism with the highlight right now on what is happening in the US and on social media in the UK
Why would you mention the whole US when we were talking about Augusta? I grew up almost 3,000 miles from Augusta. The US is a big place.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why would you mention the whole US when we were talking about Augusta? I grew up almost 3,000 miles from Augusta. The US is a big place.
Because the article also talks about the whole African American population and various over US Civil rights laws etc

I’m not sure what your issue is ? I haven’t said anything that isn’t true ?‍♂️

Mandofred

Visit site
Because the article also talks about the whole African American population and various over US Civil rights laws etc

I’m not sure what your issue is ? I haven’t said anything that isn’t true ?‍♂️
Have I? You haven't stuck to the point....which was Augusta.

You got up my nose a bit with painting a broad brushstroke comment of racism across the whole of the US (which there is plenty of) when I was just talking about Augusta/The Masters. The article, which I pointed out was a bit old (6 years?), and you then make a point out of telling me that it is old.....well, duh.