Tiger out of The Masters?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Reading through Twitter it says he should be back for the Masters ok. From what I understand, they didn't touch the actual spine, more remove a small fragment that should have been removed after the last op.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
All seems up in the air still though he definitely won’t have played much tournament golf should he make it. He looked in trouble at one point when playing with his son. See he’s now 45-1 for Augusta..

TigerBear

Visit site
Read it was to clear up a herniated disc that was pinching on the nerves in the spinal column.

Touch and go whether he will make the Masters or at least fully prepared if true!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
He’ll be having spinal surgeries for a long time while he continues to play. Each surgery buys him time, but ultimately is probably making his spine less flexible and thus more prone to damage from the golf swing.

TigerBear

Visit site
Update for Tiger fans.

According TWspot and Golf Digest he has confirmed surgery a success and it was to relieve some radiating pain down his leg. He feels fine and currently back hitting balls in Florida.

The goat is targeting a Masters return :love:

Last edited:

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Call me boring, or not a golf fan, or whatever, but I'm just not that fussed.

The guy is brilliant, yes. But to just keep having surgery to try and get back to where he was when everyone can see it's not happening just feels a bit sad really. I get the "he wants to win" statements, but I just can't see him ever getting close to being "the best" in the way he certainly was. There are too many guys to make a fight out of it now and I quite enjoy majors without the tiger clamour!

evemccc

Visit site
Call me boring, or not a golf fan, or whatever, but I'm just not that fussed.

The guy is brilliant, yes. But to just keep having surgery to try and get back to where he was when everyone can see it's not happening just feels a bit sad really. I get the "he wants to win" statements, but I just can't see him ever getting close to being "the best" in the way he certainly was. There are too many guys to make a fight out of it now and I quite enjoy majors without the tiger clamour!

This

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Haha the sooner Tiger gets to 19 the better :p

Won't happen. He has one more major at most. Each surgery is taking a toil and while he can still grind out the rehab and get back to playing, there are now many more younger and fitter golfers that are equally as good as Woods current standard if not better and so more and more potential winners.

sunshine

Visit site
....if it means watching actual golf and no more shots of Tiger driving into the car park, then walking in followed by Butch Harmon fawning over the days when he coached Tiger etc etc then yep....

"Fleetwood with an eagle putt on 18 for a round of 58. But we're just going to go across to Peter Kostis in the car park for a live look at Tiger getting out of his car. Using the Konica swing vision slow mo analysis we can see he has a strong grip on the door handle with his right hand, and the weight shift as he climbs out of the car and clears his hips. What do you think Butch?"
"Atta boy Tiger. When I coached him he was the best I've ever seen at controlling opening the car door. We would practice opening it wide, or just opening it a small amount when you're in a tight space. His technique was so good."
etc
etc