Tired of The Masters and its pretentiousness traditions?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If you've grown tired of The Masters and its pomposity, I present to you the P&P Meath Matchplay Finals of 2024.

No simpering commentary (in fact no commentary at all!) and some of the camera work leaves a little to be desired, but even if you don't manage to follow the scoring (I tried but failed) the matches are obviously keenly contested.
This is the 6th video of the finals so it's worth going back and finding videos 1 to 5 where you can follow the roads to the finals.

I wholeheartedly recommend that you watch the presentation ceremony, where I have to admit that a green jacketed official manages proceedings, but for me it epitomises what golf should be about.

(And I didn't once hear the word patrons)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I've had to pause after three holes. I'll get back to it.
The intensity of competition, the deadly seriousness of it all and high levels of skill being shown was getting a bit much for me.

There really ought to be more of this pitch and putt competition going on everywhere.
Would make a brilliant Olympic event.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Oh my god. I just was not ready for the high drama of the 15th. Nearly fell out of my chair. Amazing stuff. What a way to win the title.

Looking forward to next year already.

Red devil

Visit site
If you've grown tired of The Masters and its pomposity, I present to you the P&P Meath Matchplay Finals of 2024.

No simpering commentary (in fact no commentary at all!) and some of the camera work leaves a little to be desired, but even if you don't manage to follow the scoring (I tried but failed) the matches are obviously keenly contested.
This is the 6th video of the finals so it's worth going back and finding videos 1 to 5 where you can follow the roads to the finals.

I wholeheartedly recommend that you watch the presentation ceremony, where I have to admit that a green jacketed official manages proceedings, but for me it epitomises what golf should be about.

(And I didn't once hear the word patrons)

The bloke with the ciggy did for me. Love to hear the immortal phrase at Augusta "Here Tiger, hold my tab"