The Masters - How excited are you?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
All the build up just annoys me.
Endless talk and speculation, re-runs of past Masters that I remember clearly enough to not need a re-run...
If you like it fill your boots, it does nothing for me - and that goes for any event in any sport - the build up is just filling time until the real thing gets going.

I'll find a way to wat h Thursday and Friday on Sky - any SkyGo code gratefully accepted - and will be in front of the box to watch every second on the Beeb.. But the build up leaves me cold.

I agree with this. Too much hype going on at the moment, probably partly due to increased involvement in social media. Any more manufacturers want to release a limited edition masters version of their kit (basically the same but green), can nobody come up with better competition idea than guess the winner or the score. Don't get me wrong, next week I will be glued to the TV like everybody but I am not a big fan of excessive hype for any event.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those without sky you could try and give nowtv a go. Think it is £10 for 24 hours coverage of the sports.

£6.99 for a day or £10.99 for a week.

Bought my 7 day pass this morning and will watch on my lad's PS4.

So as well as telling the wife the TV is mine for that period (normally I'm last in the queue behind all the kids), I have to tell my lad his PS4 is mine! :rofl:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
£6.99 for a day or £10.99 for a week.

Bought my 7 day pass this morning and will watch on my lad's PS4.

So as well as telling the wife the TV is mine for that period (normally I'm last in the queue behind all the kids), I have to tell my lad his PS4 is mine! :rofl:

Haha wow. Good luck with that mate, you're going to have a fun Masters week!

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Having got rid of Sky late last year and now finding out about Now TV I'm looking forward to it

Although I use to watch a lot golf on sky I did get generally bored with it as TV takes a lot away from the game

Re the hype - its the way it is now with everything, an American thing

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm looking forward to it but get more excited about The Open and the Ryder Cup - Sky overhype the Masters and ruin it for me

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dead excited me, it's one where i dont' have to watch on the "other telly" as Mrs Drewster loves the Masters too.....bonus !!!! Head can't see past an American win with Bubba obviously being the one to beat although Jason Day must be due there soon. Heart says Rory all day though.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I can't wait for it,it's the best Major IMO.
Only the Ryder cup tops it when it comes to golf.
I just wish it was this week with most of us having s 4 day weekend.

Sir Scoop-A-Lot

Head Pro
Visit site
extremely! It's my Birthday next Wednesday so spending the day watching the Masters Par 3 comp with a shed load of beer and a night out. Work on Thursday then playing Worplesdon GC and watching the Masters in the club house for the rest of the day then stuck to the sofa for Sat and Sun! Job done!

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Best major of the year, anybody got a comparison of live coverage on bbc compared to sky, this will be my first year without sky, so hoping the BBC is good

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
probably watch last days play if get the chance and highlights,gone of watching golf on tv for hours on end,dont learn anything and gets monotonous now,still miss SEVE.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I agree with this. Too much hype going on at the moment, probably partly due to increased involvement in social media. Any more manufacturers want to release a limited edition masters version of their kit (basically the same but green), can nobody come up with better competition idea than guess the winner or the score. Don't get me wrong, next week I will be glued to the TV like everybody but I am not a big fan of excessive hype for any event.

I like the golf mags Masters previews. I bet that editorial meeting is a nightmare when they try and come up with something new to write about it, as you can't even do several pages of the obligatory look at the holes really as happens with other majors, as it's the same course every year.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been watching tv this morning. Two advert breaks and both breaks featured Sky's advert about Rory. Could be a long week! (Not that such adverts will diminish my excitement!)