The Masters - How excited are you?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Masters is nearly upon us. This time next week all preparations will be done and we'll be getting closer to the start of play. I'm ridiculously excited, I love The Masters so much, it's probably my favourite sporting event of the year. Everything about it is just awesome. I love the Par-3 Tournament, the course is incredible, the big-3 start us off with their tee shot, and then The Masters always brings drama and some incredible golf. I realised today that I have a golf lesson booked in next Weds, and that's subsequently been moved, can't be missing the Par-3, and the start of The Masters!

So, how excited are you? Is it your favourite major too? How much of it are you planning on watching?

D

Deleted member 18121

some wee might have come out..... a little bit.

D

Deleted member 17920

How much is been shown on BBC? That's about how much I will be watching.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
How much is been shown on BBC? That's about how much I will be watching.

Looks like it's only going to be highlights the day after play. So Thursday highlights on Friday evening. Not ideal for non-Sky users. Don't think any of it will be shown live!

This weekend is where I dust off the PS3 and play Augusta to remind myself of the layout a bit.

May have to do this myself over the weekend. Might play the full tournament inc the par-3 if I get time :)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Would have preferred it to be this week as the wife's away and I'm stuck inside with bronchitis!
Would certainly be better viewing than some of the other rubbish on telly!
That said, I can't wait for it! One of my favourite sporting events and I love seeing that course in all its glory.
What wouldn't I give to play there!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All the build up just annoys me.
Endless talk and speculation, re-runs of past Masters that I remember clearly enough to not need a re-run...
If you like it fill your boots, it does nothing for me - and that goes for any event in any sport - the build up is just filling time until the real thing gets going.

I'll find a way to wat h Thursday and Friday on Sky - any SkyGo code gratefully accepted - and will be in front of the box to watch every second on the Beeb.. But the build up leaves me cold.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All the build up just annoys me.
Endless talk and speculation, re-runs of past Masters that I remember clearly enough to not need a re-run...
If you like it fill your boots, it does nothing for me - and that goes for any event in any sport - the build up is just filling time until the real thing gets going.

I'll find a way to wat h Thursday and Friday on Sky - any SkyGo code gratefully accepted - and will be in front of the box to watch every second on the Beeb.. But the build up leaves me cold.

You still got my skygo from last time? If not I can send again

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm reasonably excited, I love that it's the first Major and it gives us all a taste of spring and the season to come. But I'm going to miss the Saturday and Sunday play this year as we're heading north to see some friends and go and play the forum meet at Nairn. How much I miss it will depend who's up on the leaderboard compared to the bets I've got placed. :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Should be a cracking weekend, few forumites having a game at ours on the friday, am at Orka Alexs "den" saturday night to watch on the big screen with some like minded individuals and then organising the forum meet at Mentmore on the Sunday before heading home to watch the final round.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried to find out, but TV listings only seem to go up as far as Friday ATM, but you're right, they did have the final 2 days on live last year, so I imagine it'll be the same this year.

Edit: Just looked on the Radio Times, and there's live coverage on BBC2 from 7.30 till 12 on Saturday and Sunday!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Afraid not excited as I will be on holiday as I always seem to be for the Masters.

Luckily last year I watched a good 2 hours of the final round sat in an outside bar at Doral which seemed to employ supermodels as bar staff, and the rest of it on my mates back yard in Florida where he had a swimming pool, plenty of cold beers, sofas, massive TV and BBQ on the go. Was a bit weird watching someone win the Masters in the sunshine whilst there was still daylight outside. This year I will be in the Canaries and I am not even sure my apartment has a TV, so I suspect I will miss it all.

D

Deleted member 17920

I tried to find out, but TV listings only seem to go up as far as Friday ATM, but you're right, they did have the final 2 days on live last year, so I imagine it'll be the same this year.

Edit: Just looked on the Radio Times, and there's live coverage on BBC2 from 7.30 till 12 on Saturday and Sunday!
You had me worried that the BBC didn't have any coverage, Thankfully Saturday and Sunday night will do Nicely.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Excellent! I was a bit worried for a moment.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it as always but I usually find after battering it for a couple of days I'm bored of it by Saturday. Same as the Open.

Bubba to win again:thup:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to it, always enjoy watching the Masters.

Got rid of my Sky subscription so planning to head to the club for a few holes followed by a few beers watching it Thursday and Friday evenings. Will watch the beeb coverage at home over the weekend probably, may go back to the club for a few more beers though!

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not as excited as I used to be... Bad weather, no golf, a stinking cold and racking up a huge sleep debt has robbed me of my natural, youthful vim and vigour.