Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tiger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Steve Lockie: Stirling, Scotland.

And I play a bit of guitar (play in a band) so if any of you singers need accompanied, I'm your man!!!!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would love to play up in Scotland etc mate, but its a mission to fit all the travelling into one weekend and stil enjoy my time.

I think we should play a few regional rounds to ease us all into this idea, could put a team together from each region and compete against one another.

Anybody in the Surrey area?

P

pingpal

HTL
I dont believe most of us want to play regional events, I believe this would just be a one off outing to meet some fellow forum members and enjoy a couple of rounds, some beers and some craic, then go away again. If it turned out to be good then it could be repeated annually.
I think we're fairly unanimous with north england rather than scotland so it wouldn't be too far for you.
I for one have too many other committments to start lots of regional events, the appeal is the fact it's a one-off.
Saying that none of us can make any commitments until a date is set, costs are set out etc, looking forward to seeing what develops over the winter.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Bless him.

We need a welshman to go along with the rest of us and of course is there anybody from the republic of ireland to complete the international line-up?

I shall look forward to the meet for sure. It seems that spring is a popular choice as arriving to a closed course or temps would be a right bugger.

Visit site
Now I know I am new on the forum, and I know I represent a brand (ORKA Golf, if you didn't know) but I would be happy to put up some prizes for you boys as this seems such a great idea.
And if it can be in the Spring I should be in the UK, just don't organise it in Mid April, we have another baby on the way and I don't like being disturbed on the Tee by my phone ringing!!!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blackpool's interesting for them, then ! How could they resist?

Been there lately John?

Still, that's a problem I won't have - unless it's the weekend my daughter comes back from a year in Oz!
So if we're going to get serious we need to weed out the blank weeks for everybody, which may also have a bearing on where we can play.

Anyone know how to add a poll showing all the weekends in March/April?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
S_J

I am sure the guys at GM will advise you if they see any ethical problem with you offering prizes. Personally I think it would be quite nice if WE ALL brought something from our own backgrounds.

I will bring a HAGGIS and a bottle of Highland Park Single Malt. And also an engraved product I sell ...( can't mention it ... TOP SECRET !!!!!!!!!!!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Madnadra,

I like your style there, oh yes, I am halfway through a bottle of Highland Park and have to say what a lovely tipple it is. Not over peaty like some malts and not too toffee either.

I shall bring a prize too, It wont be a car for hole in one though, I think my wife and bank manager would kill me if I did that!

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Guys,

Looks like you lot have been busy overnight, 74 posts on the first day - WOW.

Can't believe we haven't come up with this before, and hopefully this should be quite successful. My intention when suggesting this was to have a one-off get together with somewhere convenient for everybody (hopefully), where we can all meet up over a weekend, play a bit of golf,(hopefully not tooo badly), have a natter and then go home!

If its a successful weekend we could make it into an annual event, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Interest to date is good, so to summarise so far:

England
Bunker Mentality - Kent
MedwayJon - Kent
htl- Surrey
tpred - Bedfordshire (i think)
GB72 - Rutland
blindpete - Nottingham
HomerJSimpson - Reading
ForeLeft - Chester

Scotland
happyhacker - Stirling
Madandra - Hamilton
John-Findlay - Edingburgh
Atticus Finch - Carnoustie
pingpal - ?
stevelockie - Stirling

Northern Ireland
ClubChamp07 - Northern Ireland

Wales
Cosworth - South Wales

Others
thebelgie24
OOB
Viscount17
Wicket94
realgolfuk

I make that 22 so far, we also have some interest from Orka Golf, hopefully some support from GM, and the format will be decided later on.

Somewhere near Liverpool-ish hopefully

Hope that works for everyone, and I'm sure that we can work out something that is agreeable.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems a great idea, maybe Blackpool would be better. When is this going to happen, has anyone got intouch with Golf Monthly?
We would all have to bring wifes and Girlfriends.
Everyone to bring a prize that would be great then everyone would get a prize.
Hopefully if it's going to be during winter months we would have to play a links course.

I think we should make Bunker our Captain for the 1st year all votes please

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Our WAGS would be bored witless, I know mine falls asleep at even the mentioning of golf.

Mine is going to love me, I'm disappearing for a stag weekend, fishing trip and corporate golf day next year already.

I have yet to mention this little jaunt, seeing as I am out on the sherberts tomorrow I think I will bide my time.