• Friday 16th August 2019

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Thursday 15th August 2019

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I have been negotiating with my club for next years Rickg Memorial Trophy Day, which will be in aid of The British Heart Foundation again.

After such a successful event this year, I am once again holding it at my Coventry Golf Club, for reasons that will become more apparent later in this post.

I have included a poll within this post (hopefully) outlining 2 potential dates for next year; they are Friday 16th or Thursday 15th August 2019. I am fully aware that it is usually easier to attach holiday days or take time off to the weekends, but my club, as with many others, has to find the balance in keeping the membership happy on what are deemed to be 'prime' days and not lose the 1st tee for much more than 2 hours, and personally I'd like to try and increase the attendance of 48 that we achieved this year.

So, I am able to re-book the day for Friday 16th but the cost to attend will be higher than it was this year.

This is because, as I know some f you are aware, I subsidised quite a lot of the costs this year to get the annual event off to a good start, which I think we did. The actual green fee was £40 of which you all paid, however, the food was £12 (bacon buttie, coffee then the buffet afterwards), that cost for 48 attending plus supplying all the prizes, other than those donated by Mike Harris and yourselves, my banner, printing flyers, laminating, ribbons and the main hand carved award, cost me personally upwards of £1,000.

Obviously I will have more time to work on prizes, we have the banner and the main award, so the outlay will now be substantially reduced, but the club will hold the cost for me which I paid out per person, being £52.00 plus I'll need to add £3 to support all the extra printing, ribbons etc, so £55 in total, which personally I still think is fantastic value.

Now, if we can agree to have the day on Thursday 15th my club will grant me courtesy for all the green fee's whatever the number. Obviously I'm not going to pass all that on as I want the charity, just like what we do for the H4H's annual day, to benefit.

So the breakdown will be, £40 as it was this year to attend the day inclusive of all food before & after. £12 of that goes to the club catering, £20 will go direct to the British Heart Foundation (that's £960 immediately based on 48 attendees as per this year) and £5 will go towards prizes and £3 for admin.

Can you please choose what day you would prefer, taking into consideration that you will have 12 months to prepare and book the time off, whilst also remembering what the day is all about, raising funds for a very worthy cause whilst celebrating the life of our forum friend Rick Garg.

I've obviously learned a little from the first meeting, so I will be planning to have everyone go out in 3-balls next year, and if we agree on the Thursday, I have the option of a 2 (two) tee start if I want or if we can get the extra numbers, a shotgun start.

I don't wish to discuss much more than the above at this time, so please vote which date that you'd prefer and make any comments such as you'd prefer Friday but would still attend the Thursday etc.....

Once I've had this up for a week I'll then make the decision and start a new thread (possibly) to get names of actual attendees on the chosen day.

Thank you.
Robin

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to attend next year, and it seems crazy not to move it to a thursday if another c £1k will go to charity!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be there Rob. Would prefer a Friday but I can make the Thursday work. Would only be staying the Wednesday night though as I go on holiday on the 17th 👍👍

D

Deleted member 15344

I will have to see what shifts I’m doing and also what other events going on around the same times

D

Deleted member 1740

I won't be attending fishy, best of luck for the day though pal 👍

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Missed it this year because of hols. I’d be up for this for 2019. Thursday is good for the reasons above, but would look to play somewhere Friday also?? Somewhere Oxford way

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please keep the votes coming, I’ve actually got less votes than all the replies on here that they will or may be able to attend!

Currently it looks like Thursday isn’t too big an issue, which is great, especially with so much notice, but this will stay up until I get a lot more votes in association with the numbers that I hope will want to be involved and attend again.