Why is my old handicap been adjusted?

wjemather

Visit site
This rule has now reads 'should not be placed'
and the reference point is the fixed distance marker.

If it is for a general play card you could opt to not play the hole and record it as a hole not started, stating your reason, and the software will scale the score for the card accordingly.
Individual players do not have the authority to make decisions as to whether the course is (or individual holes are) acceptable or not acceptable for handicapping.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Individual players do not have the authority to make decisions as to whether the course is (or individual holes are) acceptable or not acceptable for handicapping.
yes but who checks all the score cards!!!
If that was on one card I happened to check I would accept the card.

Similarly what Club managers in charge of handicapping issues actually go out and check where the groundsman has placed the tee markers.

There is rules and then there is real life.

wjemather

Visit site
yes but who checks all the score cards!!!
If that was on one card I happened to check I would accept the card.
Most handicap committees aren't checking all cards (and nor should they be); they will only perform random and targeted checks.

Similarly what Club managers in charge of handicapping issues actually go out and check where the groundsman has placed the tee markers.
Greenkeepers should be aware of the requirement for placing daily tees within tolerance for handicapping. The handicap committee should be aware of what needs to happen when that is not possible.

There is rules and then there is real life.
Clubs, committees and players do not have the authority to pick and choose which rules apply. If unsure how to proceed, they should seek advice from their county, not drive a cart through the rules.

Golfmel

Visit site
It admirable that you want to do it the right way. Hope you get it sorted.
I told our captain this exact thing, playing with a handicap that’s way above my ability is pretty much a form of cheating. I’ll keep you updated 😂happy golfing and Thankyou to everyone’s help and replies