Madandra
OOB
GB72
htl
John-Findlay
blindpete
HomerJSimpson
Viscount 17

Does anyone know how to get hold of Birdieman who has been a constant contributor to the board!

Hopefully we could get a couple of the guys from the magazine to join in.

As for format we could play pairs betterball stableford, with best score per pair scoring on each hole, this way taking some of the pressure off maybe!

Somewhere towards the middle of the country would be good, and set up for the spring.

A nice idea to make a weekend of it, so a good chance to have a social pint or two and exchange experiences.

With possibly a second round the next day!

Roll up, roll up if you want to join in the fun!!!!

I bet my game goes to pot at just around the time we're due to play!

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only just new to the board but I'd certainly be up for that. Always like playing new places and meeting new folk.

Might even give me a chance to get my handicap to an appropriate level!

P

pingpal

Let go for Slaley Hall in Northumberland or Southerness on the Solway near Dumfries, both supposed to be excellent and both half way up (or down) Britain and close to motorways and not beside cities making for easy access.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheap flights on EasyJet to Liverpool for all the far flung guys (and Formby G.C.has a dormy house which holds 10!)

Sorry. Getting ahead of myself here. I'll turn up wherever it is.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Forgive my useless geography, but how is South West Scotland halfway down the country (ie distance from us Londoners and say someone in Scotland.

Looking at a map of the UK I reckon somewhere near Liverpool would be a good starting point, accessible from the South, (about 4hrsish), same from Scotland (according to Madandra) and accessible for those in Ireland.

Obviously this will take abit of organisation but well worth it I think! :)

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The GM guys should organise it for us and send us out lovely invotations now that would make us feel all important. I think Scotland would suit us all better. Nobody seemed interested in Sawgrass.
Is there any courses on the Isle of Man? now that would be central to everybody

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I don't think there is any chance of a total freebie but how does this sound?

GM contacts a few courses giving their intentions, i.e forum members day with an article to follow in the magazine. Perhaps the course selected may offer free green fees and buggy's in exchange for a damn good plug in the magazine and all of us merry men using their bar and catering facilities.

Location will be the only problem as satisfying everyone will be hard, it will be a great effort for our Irish friends to come to England/Scotland for example and willingness to do that is to be commended.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's only proper to show a little deference to BunkerMentality and TPred for coming up with the idea .....and still think that the Liverpool area is a great option as a starting point

Can I chip in again with a couple of great venues. Firstly Hillside Golf Club near Southport - "England's Golf Capital".

http://www.hillside-golfclub.co.uk/default.htm

Or Formby Golf Club, just down the road.

http://www.formbygolfclub.co.uk/FormbyGolfClub.html

You'll see from the websites that you can't get much better courses than these in the UK. They're both Open Qualifying courses with reasonable rates.

Share some cars. 4/5 hours from Kent and Edinburgh and £40 return on EasyJet from Belfast. Don't take the cars, you Norn Irners. Some of us could pick you up en route. One night's stay, 2 rounds of golf? What d'you say, chaps? Would that make everybody happy?

P

pingpal

Forgive my useless geography, but how is South West Scotland halfway down the country (ie distance from us Londoners and say someone in Scotland.
Ok Ok I'm 3 hrs north of Edinburgh so I was trying to wangle something northish, Southerness is practically on the border. Liverpool is 7 hours for me. Northumberland didn't seem unreasonable, flights to Newcastle etc but Liverpool would be ok, not somewhere for the wife and kids is it though? Let's face it none of us are going anywhere without consent from the 'ball and chain' are we? My lot will want to tag along for a holiday, nothing's more certain so a venue somewhere scenic and couthy would be good.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I personally like the look of Hillside, and I think that it appears to be quite central for everyone.

Maybe GM could come up with a few small prizes from their equipment cupboard for us.

On that same point I was one of the lucky ones to receive a prize for the published forum bit in the November issue. I chose the Lynx Blackcat 5wood, which was also reviewed in the same issue. Used it for the first time on Saturday and have to say was very impressed. Really nice feel and very easy to hit both off the deck and the tee peg. Thanks v. much GM, a useful edition to the bag indeed.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I was suggesting that GM get involved what I actually meant was that they maybe able to pull a few strings to get us all onto a nice course.....

Sorry if my reply sounded a bit snide BM123, I was on the wrong fairway AGAIN !!!!!!!!!

I 'assumed' you meant get GM to foot the jack and gill.

Soz m8

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Madandra,

No offence taken at all mate, probably didn't make myself that clear to start with.

Quite pleased that this has generated so much interest already, and I can just see the picture in GM now, with us lot with big cheesy grins!

I reckon we should start the GM "orange jacket/s", to be played for annually, who needs a green one any way!

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well then, that's it, it's settled this will definitely get organised now (hopefully with a helping hand from someone at GM who has some experience in this sort of thing.

I think we have about 14 names interested already, and hopefully these numbers will swell furtehr.

I would certainly look forward to something like this, and if we can co-ordinate successfully should be a right old laugh!

Watch this space.