Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tiger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
IF WE DO GO FOR IT, I WILL GET UP AND SING MY VERSION OF 'MY WAY'

Oh Lord....the Golf Monthly Forum Users Golf Society already has an anthem! And...might I suggest...an Honorary President in BunkerMentality123 for his post.

I will sing my version of "Yesterday" then, madandra. It begins;-

"Leprosyyyyyy,
pieces keep on falling off of meeeeee....."

You can guess the rest.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It would be an honour to be the Honorary President. (wipes tear from eye!) lol

I could sing my version of "You can tell by the smell", but we'd probably get asked to leave which ever venue we happened to be in at the time!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah....it's going to be a SINGER'S weekend. Might get away with it then...... The girlfriend wouldn't be too happy if I said it was the other kind.

OK, El Presidente Honorario. What's the plan? Play on a Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning with one night stayover?

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I do believe that that sounds very civilised. Also with a stopover the length of drive doesn't seem quite so bad, as doing it all in one day!

Hopefully with a bit of an intro from GM we can get into somewhere nice.

Obviously all forum users will be welcome, whatever yr standard, and hopefully it will be a nice weekend away.

We would have to come to some arrangements about hotels, booking tee times etc as deposits will probably be required.

Not sure how that will work maybe GM could assist with the admin side, I'm sure people would feel safer sending cash to a published magazine than some fella off a forum, but we can decide all that at a later date.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Any point in updating the list with names and locations so we can see the split geographically speaking?

1. HappyHacker - Stirling, Scotland (From N.Ireland though!! ) :eek:

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why dont we run four different days in each home nation?
Best few golfers from each could go into a final representing their country.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
htl,

Wouldn't it be nice to get as many of us together as possible for an initial event? After that it's easy to play regularly together nearer home.

Just my tuppence worth.

Erm....John....Edinburgh

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was thinking that just after i posted.

What would happen for players without a handicap?

Im living in Surrey and not to keen on travelling all the way to Scotland etc to play just thinking of posible solutions.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Im glad everyone has taken up on the idea.It would be a great day out for all of us.Perhaps sometime in the spring would be good when th eweathe rstarts to settle.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
htl,

You disappoint me. We now have Atticus-Finch willing to travel all the way from Carnoustie (which IS in Scotland) to possibly Liverpoolish (which is not) just to meet up with his fellow forumers and you're starting a splinter-cell Surrey meeting. Tsk, tsk.

Only joking. Come on, man. Sample the delights of middle to northern England. They speak English and everything.

John

P

pingpal

2 rounds - what would the format be? Stableford keeps everyone in it. I think a singles stableford on Saturday and maybe a doubles 4bbb (not stableford) on the Sunday?

For the singles The 'GM FUGS Rosebowl' has a ring to it, has it not? Doubles trophies could be the 'GM FUGS tankards'.

On the trophies do the winners get their real names engraved or their forum 'call sign' names?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stableford....good idea....let's get the beginners in the hunt (even if it hurts!).
4bbb would be my choice too, if we paired up cat 1 with 2, 2 with 3, 3 with 1 etc. could get some nice scores. If there's a long drive hole, I'm teeing off with my LW. Came estimated 118th out of 128 at my last club open. :mad:

Dave