The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's a popular and catchy tongue in cheek song written by a couple of comedians lamenting England's persistent failure since 1966.
Is it more or less embarrassing than an anthem about a military victory 700 years ago?

You are kidding, they could not even get the three leopards on a shirt bit right.
From two university educated 'comedians' as well :love:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a popular and catchy tongue in cheek song written by a couple of comedians lamenting England's persistent failure since 1966.
Is it more or less embarrassing than an anthem about a military victory 700 years ago?

I get that. Flower of Scotland is a total embarrassment to me.
Catchy, yes, but to be bombarded with it from all angles is so OTT. Can't help the England team either.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I get that. Flower of Scotland is a total embarrassment to me.
Catchy, yes, but to be bombarded with it from all angles is so OTT. Can't help the England team either.
Flower of Scotland as it is these days ‘brayed‘ is pretty grim…that never used to be the case when it was sung gently and movingly by the audience at Corries concerts back in the mid-70s (I went to a few back then) …as originally written and sung by the Corries, it is a beautiful and moving lament about the loss of the country despite the sacrifices of so many over the centuries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

“ you won’t win anything with kids”
Famous quote from Alan Hansen on MOTD just before Man Utd won the league.

That forward line was possibly the worst display I have ever seen in an England team.
And absolutely no proof, taking Kane and Sterling off would of made a difference!

How would of their replacements got the ball? They would still of gotten no service.

By the way, your quote is irrelevant, the age of the Subs is meaningless, they were selected due to ability, not age.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Flower of Scotland as it is these days ‘brayed‘ is pretty grim…that never used to be the case when it was sung gently and movingly by the audience at Corries concerts back in the mid-70s (I went to a few back then) …as originally written and sung by the Corries, it is a beautiful and moving lament about the loss of the country despite the sacrifices of so many over the centuries.

To my ears that sound just as dirgeful as any other rendition. It’s just got a mandolin playing under it. Terrible stuff! ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And absolutely no proof, taking Kane and Sterling off would of made a difference!

How would of their replacements got the ball? They would still of gotten no service.

By the way, your quote is irrelevant, the age of the Subs is meaningless, they were selected due to ability, not age.
The service was there but the movement from the front three was abysmal
Yes but my point is that Ability wasn’t used!
Kane and Sterling to big to substitute no matter how crap they play?
As for making a difference we will never know if he dosnt do it ,but can’t have been worse.
All about the penalty takers and Kane’s one.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah when is Amanda starting next years thread, so we can start talking rammel again. Clubs have already started signing players.

Why the need to start a new thread ?‍♂️

The title and the first page were changed to allow all the football chat to stay within one thread - nice and clean and simple then

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did mention it many posts ago but LP amended this one instead. I'm more than happy to start a new one and put the Euros behind us if the thread stalwarts deem it acceptable :)

Only right a fan of the champs? starts the next seasons thread like last year. ?? Ave a feeling it’s gonna be a very tough season for City to retain the title.