The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I did mention it many posts ago but LP amended this one instead. I'm more than happy to start a new one and put the Euros behind us if the thread stalwarts deem it acceptable :)
Apolgies Amanda, I’ve jumped the gun, no reason why we shouldn’t have a PL thread, we’ve traditionally done it over the last 5-8yrs and we know how us golfers like tradition.;)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To my ears that sound just as dirgeful as any other rendition. It’s just got a mandolin playing under it. Terrible stuff! ?

Nonsense it a beautiful tune, sung like Hogan says as a lament. [sad song remembering the dead]
The Corries [3 of them in those days] used to pack out the Usher Hall in Edinburgh in my pre 1970's visits.
Traditional folk music was very popular then and The Corries were a class act.

D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/57836300.amp

Messi taking a wage cut to stay at Barcelona who need to reduce their wage bill by £500mil !!!

Messi will go from £120mil a year to just the £60mil !

Players like Greizmann are also on nearly £1mil a week - no wonder they are in huge money issues

Can’t register their new signings until they reduce that wage bill - some great players can be got

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Messi taking a wage cut to stay at Barcelona who need to reduce their wage bill by £500mil !!!

Players like Greizmann are also on nearly £1mil a week - no wonder they are in huge money issues

Can’t register their new signings until they reduce that wage bill - some great players can be got

Absolutely crazy. How they made these business decisions ill never know - you'd think they would have better control of finanaces :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolutely crazy. How they made these business decisions ill never know - you'd think they would have better control of finanaces :ROFLMAO:

There has been a lot of financial doping by them - big sponserships , handouts from governments , the media rights etc in La Liga are very unbalanced with Madrid and Barce getting the bigger shares. Madrid are in the same sort of financial problems but they will prob bring in some big players - same with PSG

It will amaze me how many clubs will spend some big money when they clubs don’t make huge profits and Covid has reduced the level of commercial income - how will City spend £200mil on Grealish and Kane or Chelsea spend £150mil on Haaland ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Basically, we have to post a number of times in order to get to page 2 and be past the picture :LOL:.

Transfer talk, nothing really happening so far. At Everton Rodriguez is likely to go along with other fringe players. We are looking at a CH, we have lots already :rolleyes:, and hopefully Dumfries (Netherlands) looks like he might be coming to us. We still need more creativity in the middle however along with a forward to either support DCL, replace him when tired or out of form. Mutterings of Richarlison to follow Ancelotti to Real. I can live with that if we get a chunk of money and can then get a replacement.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

This with knobs on. Everton have a good relationship with Barcelona so I am hoping that we can pick up some fringe players that they need to offload. If clubs box clever they could do well out of this.

D

Deleted member 15344

This with knobs on. Everton have a good relationship with Barcelona so I am hoping that we can pick up some fringe players that they need to offload. If clubs box clever they could do well out of this.

The big one is Pedri - a year left of his contract , can’t give him a new one yet , players like Dembele , Greizmann , Coutinho , Pjanic , Roberto , Umtti

Can prob get any of them apart from Messi - madness at the club

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Superleague anyone to help Barca pay their bills!? :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What was the point of renaming the other thread to Football Thread if we were just going to make a new thread? Absolutely pointless. Also we changed it from Premier League to Football Thread because people were stupidly moaning about Champions League or International discussions cropping up.

D

Deleted member 16999

What was the point of renaming the other thread to Football Thread if we were just going to make a new thread? Absolutely pointless. Also we changed it from Premier League to Football Thread because people were stupidly moaning about Champions League or International discussions cropping up.
The name is irrelevant, the threads get too big and go on and on, we’ve had a seperate PL thread for the last 8yrs and never been an issue.

I’ve got no problem if the mods wish to delete or merge this thread, but if they decide, can we merge the Scottish Football Thread and the other Football threads that are currently open?

D

Deleted member 15344

As you say over the last couple of years the threads evolved to become more than just the premier league and it became a thread for all football talk - internationals , CL etc without the need to start multiple threads and keep it all in one place.