The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree with all of this.

His tactics are poor considering all the attacking talent we have avaliable. Italy have brilliant defence but also attack with flair - no reason why England couldnt do the same other than a manager too stuck in his own ways.

A better manager would have brought football home.

Need to drop that ridiculous phrase. ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you're right and wrong in equal measure. I wouldn't describe him as box-to-box either, he's certainly more on the defensive side as a centre mid. He's partnered well with Soucek who gets forward more. But to say he's no better than Dier is absolutely hilarious. :ROFLMAO: Dier did an ok impression of a holding player when we had no other options, but Rice is levels above him.

He would 100% start for Man Utd, they are crying out for a player like him really. (Obviously Liverpool have Fabinho doing that role, while City have Rodri, so his starts would be more limited there of course.)

He would walk in the untied team

Would replace kante long term

I think his destination is city when fernandiho contract is up next season.

Fans get too drawn into stats fornals for example fans didn't rate because he didn't score or assist much but he does so much work and plays the pass before the assist which is never picked up in "stats"

Also rice is 10 times what dier is lol only a fool would think otherwise

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No we dont. This is the home of football. Just like Scotland is the home of golf.
Can you not see that it makes England look like arrogant idiots?
Wherever the game was invented or not, it's not a good look. Sorry about that. I'm a Scottish Brit and love the UK with a passion but the "coming home" thing is embarrassing.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Tell me where the first International football match was played please.
I shall give you a clue...it was not England.

Just like me claiming the TV was invented by an Englishman - because he lived in England :ROFLMAO:

Wherever the game was invented or not, it's not a good look. Sorry about that. I'm a Scottish Brit and love the UK with a passion but the "coming home" thing is embarrassing.

I honestly do not care what everyone else thinks of us. England is the home of football.

Its a song of hope. Get over it

Maybe not coming home after all!View attachment 37584

Also if were reaaally getting in to this - China - Its coming home next year! https://www.footballhistory.org/

D

Deleted member 16999

This is why it was a good reason to have 1 thread per season, season end’s, close it.

New season, new thread, stops all the close season drivel.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

RichA

Visit site
It's a popular and catchy tongue in cheek song written by a couple of comedians lamenting England's persistent failure since 1966.
Is it more or less embarrassing than an anthem about a military victory 700 years ago?