The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes as long as it’s transparent!

But Everton And Forest might not!🙈
Leicester got away with it. Utd have made massive losses and that doesn't seem to matter. Brighton are hugely in debt to their owner, but that doesn't count either 🤷🏻‍♂️. I think Everton fans have made their mind up already about the validity and consistency of ffp 🤬. I suspect Forest fans see it the same way.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Leicester got away with it. Utd have made massive losses and that doesn't seem to matter. Brighton are hugely in debt to their owner, but that doesn't count either 🤷🏻‍♂️. I think Everton fans have made their mind up already about the validity and consistency of ffp 🤬. I suspect Forest fans see it the same way.
I think there’s a few City fans feel that way as well. I suppose Barcelonas financial woes don’t count either.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think there’s a few City fans feel that way as well. I suppose Barcelonas financial woes don’t count either.
Think there are a few clubs that seemingly have escaped any detailed scrutiny and Barca definitely one of those. I know City are claiming they have irrefutable evidence of no wrong doing but this is usually the same claims a celebrity makes before going into court and then moving straight to jail without passing go and collecting £200. It will be interesting to see what loopholes they are going to use and will that be applicable to other sides or are their offences different in relation to how the debts have been amassed. Definitely going to be interesting and if City do get away with the majority (can't see them getting away with everything) what Forest, and others do

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think there are a few clubs that seemingly have escaped any detailed scrutiny and Barca definitely one of those. I know City are claiming they have irrefutable evidence of no wrong doing but this is usually the same claims a celebrity makes before going into court and then moving straight to jail without passing go and collecting £200. It will be interesting to see what loopholes they are going to use and will that be applicable to other sides or are their offences different in relation to how the debts have been amassed. Definitely going to be interesting and if City do get away with the majority (can't see them getting away with everything) what Forest, and others do
Quote,
. I know City are claiming they have irrefutable evidence of no wrong doing but this is usually the same claims a celebrity makes before going into court

We could be the Katie Price of the football world. 😆

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just a rhetorical question/thought… time and again pretty much everyone criticises FFP/PSR yet knock City for breaking the very rules we don’t agree with. Ok, one club adhering to them and another, allegedly, flouting them is unfair but, equally, how does a club get to the top table without spending massively, aka City & Chelsea?

The letter of the law suggests City are guilty but I think the law is flawed.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Just a rhetorical question/thought… time and again pretty much everyone criticises FFP/PSR yet knock City for breaking the very rules we don’t agree with. Ok, one club adhering to them and another, allegedly, flouting them is unfair but, equally, how does a club get to the top table without spending massively, aka City & Chelsea?

The letter of the law suggests City are guilty but I think the law is flawed.

Building the club

Smart signings , good management , a very good academy , developing players , good scouting , building up revenue to allow the club to spend

Clubs can still spend money - just do it smartly

There does need to be spending rules in place - if not then it’s just how ever had the richest owner will win

IMO the rules need to in place that allow any club to be able to spend the same as the top club relative to their income

So if Liverpool for example bring in £700mil then that’s what every club can spend with some level of losses

So if Ipswich for want to spend £700mil they can buy the gap between their revenue and the spend must be bonded by the owner - debt is on him