The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Probably just after Newcastle decide to sell their own training ground back to themselves for the price of a corned beef pasty and a bottle of Brown Ale.
They better get it done this week because the premier league may not allow it next week.😁👍

PaulMdj

Visit site

PaulMdj

Visit site
Isn’t that illegal? I recall the missus investigating York City for a similar stunt, think HMRC successfully got the director disqualified for some years.
No, just the same as what Chelsea have done with the hotels, deals cleared by the PL after investigation.🤷‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, just the same as what Chelsea have done with the hotels, deals cleared by the PL after investigation.🤷‍♂️
Weird, I’m not sure what it has to do with the PL when HMRC should be all over it 🤔
I'm with Beezerk here in finding this odd. It's different because it relates to their ground, or training ground. It's a core part of their business and splitting up the business in this way is problematic long term. Owning and selling a hotel has no impact on a club. Selling the ground of a club, lease back scheme, is fraught with issues. If the PL or EFL allowed this, they really should not have.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I'm with Beezerk here in finding this odd. It's different because it relates to their ground, or training ground. It's a core part of their business and splitting up the business in this way is problematic long term. Owning and selling a hotel has no impact on a club. Selling the ground of a club, lease back scheme, is fraught with issues. If the PL or EFL allowed this, they really should not have.
I hate ffp/psr and these owners are paying thousands, if not millions, to firms to find a way around these regulations.
Good on them.👍🏻

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hate ffp/psr and these owners are paying thousands, if not millions, to firms to find a way around these regulations.
Good on them.👍🏻
I don't mind the hotel sale or similar, nor other loopholes. Selling a ground to a subsidiary and leasing it back is entirely different, and more sinister. That has long term implications for a club, massively complicates any future sale etc.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I don't mind the hotel sale or similar, nor other loopholes. Selling a ground to a subsidiary and leasing it back is entirely different, and more sinister. That has long term implications for a club, massively complicates any future sale etc.
Happened a few years back mate, I’m sure the authorities have had time to look at it.

Other Clubs have done the same.🤷‍♂️

PaulMdj

Visit site
There are trading laws about this kind of asset stripping or asset moving in this case. I’m just curious as to how they circumnavigated it without getting a court appearance 🤷🏻‍♂️
No idea, just remembered the fuss at the time, Steve Gibson up here was very vocal about it, saying something along the lines of it being legal, but against the spirit of psr/ffp and the Football authorities should do something about it.😂😂