The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Chuck in Europe FFP and there’s more of a mess. Then Chuck into that, other European countries have a different time of when the transfer window shuts and bottom line it is a mess.
The transfer window situation needs to be addressed but that will cause issues about when leagues start, as there's a 2-3 week overlap in some cases. A uniform start/end to the season would be a good idea but will never happen!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It does look like Forest have found a loophole and the PL can't counter it, which is a really bad look for them. All that money, all those lawyers and they get embarrassed by a promoted club. I think Man City will be rubbing their hands with glee.
I personally think City have broken rules. Which ones, like I said, we as fans don’t know the full picture. The problem for me is that the Premier league are amateurs when it comes to business. Clubs like City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea etc have bigger and brighter people working for them.
I am sure City will be found Guilty of some charges, but I have a feeling the Premier league is going to suffer some severe embarrassment. Furthermore, don’t forget City have already pressed charges against the Premier league.
It is a massive mess.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seems the PL may be on dodgy grounds about any appeal but they will definitely have to tweak their wording

Tashyboy

Visit site
Lots of talk about how Leicester got away with it through loopholes, But.

Quote.
The Foxes were also adamant that they had not breached PSR in the first place.

The appeal board decided that, because Leicester's accounting period ended after they were relegated, the Premier League could only predict that Leicester were in breach of PSR, and could not definitely say that the club was in breach.

Predict 😳 how can you charge someone with predictions and not facts. Furthermore
Quote.
The Premier League argued that "common sense" made it obvious that Leicester were in breach of PSR, but the appeal board said they could make no reference to common sense, only what was stated explicitly in the rules.

The appeal board criticised PSR, saying: "The rules are, in relevant parts, far from well drafted."

In the written reasons given by the appeal board, they described parts of PSR as "confusing".

So the premier leagues defense is based on common sense.😳 Not facts.Lord help us.
And the appeal board goes onto say “the rules are, in relevant parts, far from well drafted”. And there in lies the problem. As I have said. The Premier league like UEFA do not know there own rules or at the very least know how to write them.

City must be rubbing there hands this morning.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Lots of talk about how Leicester got away with it through loopholes, But.

Quote.
The Foxes were also adamant that they had not breached PSR in the first place.

The appeal board decided that, because Leicester's accounting period ended after they were relegated, the Premier League could only predict that Leicester were in breach of PSR, and could not definitely say that the club was in breach.

Predict 😳 how can you charge someone with predictions and not facts. Furthermore
Quote.
The Premier League argued that "common sense" made it obvious that Leicester were in breach of PSR, but the appeal board said they could make no reference to common sense, only what was stated explicitly in the rules.

The appeal board criticised PSR, saying: "The rules are, in relevant parts, far from well drafted."

In the written reasons given by the appeal board, they described parts of PSR as "confusing".

So the premier leagues defense is based on common sense.😳 Not facts.Lord help us.
And the appeal board goes onto say “the rules are, in relevant parts, far from well drafted”. And there in lies the problem. As I have said. The Premier league like UEFA do not know there own rules or at the very least know how to write them.

City must be rubbing there hands this morning.
Why ?

It’s gone to an independent panel for City’s charges - it’s why there is no appeal

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing I absolutely disagree with, mid season decisions affecting clubs. Any penalties should be given the year following any decision. Books are closed, PL looks at them, decision made, appeal held, and penalty to be carried out the following season. Clubs, all clubs, should know where they stand on day 1 of a new season. If that is -10, fine (although obviously this will only ever relate to Forest and Everton 🤬). Once the season starts, no points reductions.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just had the pricing from Villa for Champions League tickets...

WOW

Zones 1 and 2 (vast majority of the stadium)

£79 for STH's
£94 for non STH

Our fans are quickly researching what Newcastle charged last year and Liverpool etc. and we're some way above!

Expensive times await... but the home draws were pretty ridiculously good - Bayern, Juve, Celtic and Bologna

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just had the pricing from Villa for Champions League tickets...

WOW

Zones 1 and 2 (vast majority of the stadium)

£79 for STH's
£94 for non STH

Our fans are quickly researching what Newcastle charged last year and Liverpool etc. and we're some way above!

Expensive times await... but the home draws were pretty ridiculously good - Bayern, Juve, Celtic and Bologna

That is expensive.

At United it depends where you sit, but I’ve rarely paid more than £55 for a Champion’s League ticket.

Given my recent experiences with Europa League, though, that may well change if we ever make it back to the top table.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That is expensive.

At United it depends where you sit, but I’ve rarely paid more than £55 for a Champion’s League ticket.

Given my recent experiences with Europa League, though, that may well change if we ever make it back to the top table.

Its pretty big money for 90 mins of entertainment.. Im going to pay it, because I can, but theres no way every STH attends all 4.

They really could have priced it better and given us something back, wasn't long ago we were a championship club and seats were easy to come by... reward the loyal fans (would have been nice anyway)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Sky Sports is reporting that a Man United training session was delayed for nearly 2 hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the pitch.

Training was suspended and the police were called. After a complete analysis, experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the Goal Line.

Training resumed after the police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.

Visit site
Funnily enough, I’ve seen “in the know” types on social media suggesting for quite a while that there’ll be some “loophole” rulings for FFP, and softening of punishments etc just prior to Man City’s verdict in order to set a precedent.

Almost amazing how these things happen as predicted 🙃

They will get away with a fine, and nothing more than that. This has been a quite clear for a long long time.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Funnily enough, I’ve seen “in the know” types on social media suggesting for quite a while that there’ll be some “loophole” rulings for FFP, and softening of punishments etc just prior to Man City’s verdict in order to set a precedent.

They will get away with a fine, and nothing more than that. This has been a quite clear for a long long time.
Imagine this thread if that happens 😂😂😂
🍿 at the ready 😂😂😂

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

I’ll be surprised if they get just a fine tbh

it’s been going on too long , loopholes helped them get away with with UEFA and it’s why they went independent

If it’s just a fine then it’s going to have significant repercussions throughout the whole sport.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sky Sports is reporting that a Man United training session was delayed for nearly 2 hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the pitch.

Training was suspended and the police were called. After a complete analysis, experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the Goal Line.

Training resumed after the police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.

Tashyboy

Visit site

Step two of “Operation Find a way to let Man City off” complete.

Well done, powers that be. 👏👏👏
Just to add to this if you have read the story.
Quote.
The sales have since been ratified by the Premier League under what is termed a 'fair market valuation' under the league's associated-party transaction rules.

Whether the £76.5m value has been changed is unclear but Chelsea have maintained their confidence in adhering to PSR rules that permitted clubs to have a maximum of £105m in losses over a three-year period as certain costs for infrastructure, academy and women's football are allowed to be deducted.

Such transactions are not allowed in Uefa competitions, with Chelsea back in Europe in the Conference League this season, and in the English Football League after they closed the loophole in 2021, but the Premier League opted against following suit.

The Premier League remains open to closing the loophole through a future vote.

So just to make things a little clearer the prem
League allows it but it might change the rules in the future am glad that’s cleared up.

Tashyboy

Visit site

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
So just to make things a little clearer the prem
League allows it but it might change the rules in the future am glad that’s cleared up.
Probably just after Newcastle decide to sell their own training ground back to themselves for the price of a corned beef pasty and a bottle of Brown Ale.