The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Sorry, yes I knew that just not sure if any of his backroom staff remained at the club so as to develop into potential managerial candidates.
“His team” tends to follow him, but all the other “Club employees” Football wise could still be there.👍🏻

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not sure he truly had the tools at his disposal in terms of player quality to do anything to prevent relegation. If the players aren't good enough then the results will be poor. I work with someone that is a lifelong Burnley fan and the feeling is he is/was getting as much out of the quality of the side he could but they simply weren't strong enough for the PL

Why not Bayern. They are a big club and so aren't going to risk anything that stops a CL pursuit and league title. If he proves unable to cut it he'll get sacked. If not it may be an ideal place to prove his managerial ability and ideas
I actually think this is a very good post. Burnley blitzed the Championship playing good football. Unfortunately the players didn’t cut it in the Premiership. Is that down to Kompany or the players. Kompany never got Burnley relegated when he got the job he did get them back up playing a style of football that top clubs want. I look forward to seeing how Komoany does with decent players

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sorry, yes I knew that just not sure if any of his backroom staff remained at the club so as to develop into potential managerial candidates.
Pep took a sabbatical for a year after he left Bayern. He was seriously bogged off after the Bayern job. To many of the board were sticking there nose into the football side of things and not focusing on the running of the club. It filtered down to the players wanting to do things there way. It came to a head when the players wanted to play there style of football v Real Madrid in the champions league. Pep relented and Bayern subsequently got battered.
The Bayern Job although prestigious comes with baggage.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Pep took a sabbatical for a year after he left Bayern. He was seriously bogged off after the Bayern job. To many of the board were sticking there nose into the football side of things and not focusing on the running of the club. It filtered down to the players wanting to do things there way. It came to a head when the players wanted to play there style of football v Real Madrid in the champions league. Pep relented and Bayern subsequently got battered.

Pep didn’t take a sabbatical after the Bayern job , he took one after the Barcelona job

He left Bayern at the end of the 2015/16 season and joined City start on 2016 season

He decided in December 2015 that we was leaving at the end of the season

Bayern lost to Atletico in extra time in the 2016 CL semi

It was in Pep’s first season where they lost to Real Madrid in the CL semi

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

How on earth is a manager who got relegated and was very poor in the Prem is getting one of the biggest jobs in Europe

Has he joined that -Lampard , Gerrard merry go round of ex top players getting jobs based on their name as opposed to their managerial ability
I love the line "he's ready for a new chapter". Yeah, I bet he bloody is! Must have thought long and hard about this decision. Burnley back in the Champo or Bayern... hmmmmm. :unsure:

Yeah, I've got no idea what they're thinking. Kane must be really happy that he went there for trophies right now. 😦

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure he truly had the tools at his disposal in terms of player quality to do anything to prevent relegation. If the players aren't good enough then the results will be poor. I work with someone that is a lifelong Burnley fan and the feeling is he is/was getting as much out of the quality of the side he could but they simply weren't strong enough for the PL

Why not Bayern. They are a big club and so aren't going to risk anything that stops a CL pursuit and league title. If he proves unable to cut it he'll get sacked. If not it may be an ideal place to prove his managerial ability and ideas
If you havnt got the players you don’t continue trying to play out from the back and just give goals away.

You change to something that suits the players you have.
Bayern have seen something obviously .

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
If you havnt got the players you don’t continue trying to play out from the back and just give goals away.

Bayern have seen something obviously .

Kompany spent over £100mil bringing in players - none were suited and his tactics were poor - and he couldn’t adjust to get results to at least even battle against relegation

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kane went to Bayern to win stuff, but didn't this season.
Next season his manager is someone who just had his team relegated from the Prem!
I bet he's chuffed .......................... not.
What must he be thinking?
I hope he’s thinking “ I might sign for Liverpool” 🤣

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kompany spent over £100mil bringing in players - none were suited and his tactics were poor - and he couldn’t adjust to get results to at least even battle against relegation
Only seen Burnley in highlights but my impression was he bought players who were good on the ball but couldn’t defend for toffee.
Coupled with not scoring enough that’s relagation form.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Everton had the same issue with Marco Silva. He kept playing out from the back, we didn't have the players, gave away goals for fun. He refused to change, got the sack because we kept losing. Muppet.

It's great to have ideals but you have to be practical as well.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Pep didn’t take a sabbatical after the Bayern job , he took one after the Barcelona job

He left Bayern at the end of the 2015/16 season and joined City start on 2016 season

He decided in December 2015 that we was leaving at the end of the season

Bayern lost to Atletico in extra time in the 2016 CL semi

It was in Pep’s first season where they lost to Real Madrid in the CL semi

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story Tash. 😂😂😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everton had the same issue with Marco Silva. He kept playing out from the back, we didn't have the players, gave away goals for fun. He refused to change, got the sack because we kept losing. Muppet.

It's great to have ideals but you have to be practical as well.
At the same time though, the board when employing him might have specified that he employ a progressive playing style when they hired him. Some boards want it both ways and it's a lose-lose situation. Remember this came after Big Sam guided them to safety but they weren't happy with that either.

PaulMdj

Visit site
At the same time though, the board when employing him might have specified that he employ a progressive playing style when they hired him. Some boards want it both ways and it's a lose-lose situation. Remember this came after Big Sam guided them to safety but they weren't happy with that either.
Not sure he guided us to safety. We were 13th when Allardyce took over and he finished 8th, but he was always the temporary measure as Watford had rejected our first offer for Silva and Moshiri had made it clear he was the man he wanted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure he guided us to safety. We were 13th when Allardyce took over and he finished 8th, but he was always the temporary measure as Watford had rejected our first offer for Silva and Moshiri had made it clear he was the man he wanted.
I didn't know how to say it, but I just meant you were well clear of relegation under him.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
What is it with footballers and betting?

Lucas Paqueta now charged with breaches of betting rules....seemingly specifically in relation to deliberately getting himself booked!!

Last edited: