The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
I didn't know how to say it, but I just meant you were well clear of relegation under him.
At the start of the season Koeman had failed badly and we were deep in relegation territory, he was sacked and the first bid for Silva failed.

David Unsworth came in as caretaker and improved results getting us to 13th before Allardyce took over.

Would we have been relegated had Unsworth stayed for the season or finished as high if we’d of got Silva straight away? No idea on both tbh.

Allardyce met his remit, but we often get “Allardyce kept yous up” etc thrown at us, when in reality he took over with us clear of the bottom 3. 👍🏻

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is it with footballers and betting?

Lucas Paqueta now charged with breaches of betting rules....seemingly specifically in relation to deliberately getting himself booked!!
Well, that's the move to City off for another summer then.

This is a huge one for me. It's stupid enough betting on football when you are not allowed but the charge of actual involvement........, that's massive if proved.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Kompany spent over £100mil bringing in players - none were suited and his tactics were poor - and he couldn’t adjust to get results to at least even battle against relegation
From the people I know that support Burnley, he didn't have a massive say on players initially and the ones he had couldn't adapt to the level of play he wanted especially regarding defending

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, that's the move to City off for another summer then.

This is a huge one for me. It's stupid enough betting on football when you are not allowed but the charge of actual involvement........, that's massive if proved.

Big if though. Especially with the standard of our refs. You can never guarantee a booking 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The odds on next Man Utd manager makes pretty poor reading.

2/1 Poch
7/2 McKenna
11/2 Tuchel 😄
6/1 De Zerbi
8/1 Southgate

It's not a great list is it? Poch is a solid manager but certainly not a top drawer manager yet. Although McKenna is totally unproven at the top, De Zerbi I think the jury is out on, and Southgate is already an abject failure at club level. And Tuchel I just think is a bit of a clown. If these are the candidates you might as well stick with Ten Hag!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The odds on next Man Utd manager makes pretty poor reading.

2/1 Poch
7/2 McKenna
11/2 Tuchel 😄
6/1 De Zerbi
8/1 Southgate

It's not a great list is it? Poch is a solid manager but certainly not a top drawer manager yet. Although McKenna is totally unproven at the top, De Zerbi I think the jury is out on, and Southgate is already an abject failure at club level. And Tuchel I just think is a bit of a clown. If these are the candidates you might as well stick with Ten Hag!

Precisely why I have a feeling they may stick with him.