The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Keep it as 45 minutes each way but have a timer starting at zero for when the balls out of play/timewasting etc. Then at the end of 45 mins run the clock back to zero. Problem solved and will highlight just how long some sides games take and hopefully will encourage sides to not bother in future

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Everton - A striker please. Any striker, ideally one that will actually score goals though, not just miss them.
Well you are supposed to be 3m short at present with Fulham having a 2nd bid rejected. Celta Vigo interested and Leeds are supposed to be.

You should be favourites as it would not involve uprooting family and he is initially from Stoke. You have deep pockets Lord T. Splash the cash.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds good. But, would you make exception to a goalkeeper? What about a player who is injured near his goal line, thus playing everyone onside. Or a player getting treatment in the box while a corner comes in? There are probably many situations that this would not actually work very well at all. It is probably not worth doing unless the referee still lets play continue after there is a break in play, while the player is still treated. Because, if a player goes down injured, it usually isn't long before there is a stop in play for something anyway. The current biggest waste of time is not the initial point the player goes down injured (as ref won't normally stop play unless it is a head injury), it is the time wasted after the ball goes out of play.
Yes there will be teething problems with any change.( See VAR )
But when alls said and done the ref is still in charge.
So keeper down stop the game.
Somebody hurt on the goal line ref has final say on anything in the box.
But everywhere else just play on unless the phisio radios it’s serious and needs assistance.
Got to start somewhere.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The made up figures from thin air do my head in

It's meant to be 30 secs per goal / sub

So first half yest 4 mins added

There was 4.5 mins spent on VAR pen decision

Then injury to a spurs player ..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well you are supposed to be 3m short at present with Fulham having a 2nd bid rejected. Celta Vigo interested and Leeds are supposed to be.

You should be favourites as it would not involve uprooting family and he is initially from Stoke. You have deep pockets Lord T. Splash the cash.
If we lose him for the sake of £3m, I know that's mad but this is football, then that would be very, very foolish. It's peanuts at that level.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got to laugh how bad Arsenal are at transfers :D

Not an hour after Barca cash in on Aubam, who Arsenal had to pay to take off their hands less than a year ago, we let them pull our pants down again for Bellerin on a free. Good to see weve learnt our lesson and inserted a sell on clause though ???

In other news, hopefully Maitlin Niles will get regular game time at Southampton

Swango1980

Visit site
It would be nice if United had a front 3 who could win back and/or keep possession. Give Elanga, Sancho and Rashford space, they can be dangerous. Any other form of play, really really poor.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three valuable and hard earned points puts us into 5th spot.
I think we'll only get better as the new guys bed in.
First time United have won three on the bounce this year!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Well, you have your man still. If no one was willing to dig down the sofa for that bit extra then that is on them. Hopefully he will score a tonne of goals for you and push you up the table, challenging for promotion. Good on Blackburn for not rolling over, knowing the players worth.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unsurprisingly, I couldn't be happier with the way the window went. We've upgraded in almost every position, and although it's essentially an overhaul of the squad, it was desperately needed if we were to compete this season.

I've got no worries about Cooper gelling the squad and now that the window is closed and he knows what he's working with, he can get the right combinations of players working together and hopefully see us push on and grab some points over they next nine (winnable) games now we have City away in the rear view mirror.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unsurprisingly, I couldn't be happier with the way the window went. We've upgraded in almost every position, and although it's essentially an overhaul of the squad, it was desperately needed if we were to compete this season.

I've got no worries about Cooper gelling the squad and now that the window is closed and he knows what he's working with, he can get the right combinations of players working together and hopefully see us push on and grab some points over they next nine (winnable) games now we have City away in the rear view mirror.

Do you not think you went a bit overboard? It was like me playing Championship Manager - you'd have had about 5 strikers if that deal went through?? Surely quite a few won't make the squad of 25 now?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

Do you not think you went a bit overboard? It was like me playing Championship Manager - you'd have had about 5 strikers if that deal went through?? Surely quite a few won't make the squad of 25 now?

We lost 22 players and signed 21...Every player we signed (except 3, who went straight out on loan) will make the squad.

We needed two starter quality players in every position, and before the window opened had;

Defence:
Worrall, McKenna, Cook, Mbe Soh

Midfield:
Yates, Cafu, Colback

Forwards:
Johnson, Surridge

Colback is no longer good enough for the Prem and arguably, Mbe Soh is still too young/raw for Premiership Football (he played in the U23's last season).

so that leaves 7 players left to fill a squad of 25, leaving 18 spots to fill. of our 21 signings, 3 have gone out on loan straight away (basically failsafes that can slot straight into the squad next season *if* we go down).

The club had zero choice but to make so many signings - and the signings they've made have all had clear logic behind them...and they've had to adapt their approach after unexpected injuries to Omar Richards (leg fracture that was missed on the medical - hence bringing in Toffolo from Huddersfield and more recently Lodi from Athletico) and Niakhate who has tweaked his hamstring, leaving us weak at the back with only Cook, Worrall and McKenna, none of which have any pace, so three slow defenders are going to punished (hence bringing in Badé and Boly yesterday).

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
And for the record, the Bat's deal that fell through last night was the only one that I was really puzzled with - but I can only assume there were plans to send Surridge out on loan if it had gone through (so in that regard, I'm happy Chelsea's admin weren't organised enough to get the paperwork sent in time).