The Cricket Thread

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good to see Jofra Archer back bowling for England Lions in the warmup match before the England v Pakistan tests. Hope he can stay fit and get back to the pace he was bowling before his injuries.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With so much cricket being played... i thought we were still in Aus.. now i realise we finished that series and now in Pak. somehow watching cricket in winter just does not seem right, unless it is a winter ashes. The only other exception is a good Boxing day test match.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With so much cricket being played... i thought we were still in Aus.. now i realise we finished that series and now in Pak. somehow watching cricket in winter just does not seem right, unless it is a winter ashes. The only other exception is a good Boxing day test match.

Pretty much 2 different squads now. Pretty massive series this, been a very long time since we went to Pak for a test series. Bit of a worry might be some short games unless the pitches are very flat.....

That said I wont be doing the 4.30am starts!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tbh I prefer tours elsewhere, much more sensible getting up early and watching a test than having to stay up all night like the ashes

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tbh I prefer tours elsewhere, much more sensible getting up early and watching a test than having to stay up all night like the ashes

There is nothing like walking up on a cold winter morning to find Eng is 24-4 after 2 sessions on the Day 1 on a bouncy track... there is a bit of deja vu, nostalgia, comfort, hope, anger all rolled into one.

JRS7

Visit site
Pakistan: Abdullah Shafique, Imam Ul Haq, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam (Captain), Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan (Wicketkeeper), Agha Salman, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Ali, Zahid, Mahmood.
England: Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope (Wicketkeeper), Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (Captain), Will Jacks, Liam Livingstone, Ollie Robinson, Jack Leach, James Anderson.

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen a stat that said England scored more runs in the first 20 overs today than they did in the final of the T20. Incredible stuff.

Asian Dawn

Visit site
The first and third fastest centuries by England openers. I remember the second one - Gooch in the 2nd innings against India when they were going for a declaration and he'd made 333 in the first innings.