The Cricket Thread

RichA

Visit site
well because one of them has completely ruined the rest of county cricket calendar at the heart of summer (and removed test cricket for a month too) and was completely un needed, pandering to the need of making more money and making it all about an unnecessary 4th format for those with no attention span

the blast however has always been excellent and underrated :)

IMHO :p
I get where you're coming from, but I'm keeping an open mind about The Hundred, having seen that it really did seem to appeal to a much wider demographic than even The Blast.
I struggled with it last year. This year I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It was clearly very useful too to a few of the England T20 players who are currently shining in Australia.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly the tournament may finish as it started, with the rain playing far too big a part! Horrid forecast for Sunday (and Monday) it seems

Any idea how they decide a winner if those two days are both washed out. Do they simply share the trophy or is it calculated on net run rate in the group games, multiplied by the number of wickets taken in the semi final, plus the total age of each squad, divided by the age of the captain's pet cat? Or something equally as arbitrary?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Any idea how they decide a winner if those two days are both washed out. Do they simply share the trophy or is it calculated on net run rate in the group games, multiplied by the number of wickets taken in the semi final, plus the total age of each squad, divided by the age of the captain's pet cat? Or something equally as arbitrary?

I hope its the latter :) but dont know for sure ;)

I expect they will get a game, of some sorts in over the 2 days, it may not be 20 over a side if the forecast is close to correct though

Edit: Needs to be 10 overs a side to be a game, will carry over from day 1 to day 2 if needed rather than start again, will be shared Trophy if dont get a game in over the 2 days. Theyve pushed start times back to try and ensure they miss the worst of the rain it seems too

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...uins-mcg-world-cup-final-20221110-p5bx7z.html

Joint winners if its rained off.
Not sure if they have a super over if it stops raining and there’s been no play at all ?

Edit.
This explains it much better…

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/cricket/rain-threatens-to-ruin-t20-world-cup-final-c-8816098.amp

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I might vote for run rate in the semi final…

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get where you're coming from, but I'm keeping an open mind about The Hundred, having seen that it really did seem to appeal to a much wider demographic than even The Blast.
I struggled with it last year. This year I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It was clearly very useful too to a few of the England T20 players who are currently shining in Australia.
I think most international T20 players now tour the world as guns for hire. They follow the money to whichever tournament is on and paying the most. The Hundred may be part of that for some, not for others, but I doubt that has been the tipping point for England doing well. The hardcore of this team have been playing in the top tournaments across the world for a number of years now, this has been years in the making.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Unbelievable display from Buttler and Hales, I thought we might have let them score too many at the end, and given them the momentum but not even close! I watched the first 10 overs with it on silent whilst I was on calls, then had the volume on whilst they scored well - put it back on silent or the England innings, might have to watch the whole match this way on Sunday.

4LEX

Visit site
Batting perfection. I felt we would struggle after India set a good total and crumble under the pressure. Instead that was a masterclass from the first ball to the last. Superb :cool:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably due to the target they're chasing but Butler playing "proper" cricket shots at the minute rather than just hitting. Pakistan batsmen tried hitting and got caught on such a big ground. Maybe England have learned from that.