The Cricket Thread

D

Deleted member 15344

So when do we start to think that Silverwood is just another Moores - decent at county level , not good enough at international level and when can we point out that Root just isn’t good enough as a captain

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
So when do we start to think that Silverwood is just another Moores - decent at county level , not good enough at international level and when can we point out that Root just isn’t good enough as a captain

The get out is that we are watching an Eng side missing some first teamers. And NZ too btw.

However it shows there isn't much talent left in the Eng locker for Test Match cricket.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Silverwood was always unproven and was mainly hope that he would go on to better. Not the biggest Root captaincy fan here but hard to be too critical in current circumstances, cupboards pretty bare once you take a handful of our better players out. Who do you replace him with?

D

Deleted member 15344

The get out is that we are watching an Eng side missing some first teamers. And NZ too btw.

However it shows there isn't much talent left in the Eng locker for Test Match cricket.

I guess if they branch out there might well be some talent

I guess Abell is the next Hildreath
Silverwood was always unproven and was mainly hope that he would go on to better. Not the biggest Root captaincy fan here but hard to be too critical in current circumstances, cupboards pretty bare once you take a handful of our better players out. Who do you replace him with?

Maybe Burns ?‍♂️

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
England all out by 10.59am, at least the ECB can not worry about the refunds by not finishing last night

It means I have time to mow the garden before heading in to watch my son’s match.
reassuring to see a half depleted Kiwi side has rolled us over in half the time