The Cricket Thread

sunshine

Visit site
Car crash batting having all but won the game with the opening partnership with absolutely no game awareness at all and a continuance to adhere to the "its the way we play" strap line

Injuries to Morgan and Billings didnt help, nor did the decision Buttler got but only have themselves to blame from the position they were in, especially knowing they had a couple carrying injuries

Oh and Bhuvi was utterly superb yet again

Totally agree. Some of the shots - like Sam Curran dancing down the wicket - were reckless. Felt like they were still in T20 mode.

Also, some of England's bowling / tactics in the last 10 overs was questionable.

www.hiltonpark.net
Still remember the year it snowed first day of the season, almost 30 years later lol
You're right, think I was 18 and we were the only game on in the Nidderdale league. Tiniest pitch ever and they got us out for something like 60 and we had them about 20 for 6. Our captain then decided to swap the end of our opening bowler who'd bowled 10 overs, 4 wickets and 2 runs. They won by 4 wickets?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow... How tall is this Topley!! for the batsman, the ball must be coming from top of the sightscreen...

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very different approach by India.. slow in the middle.. no boom boom yet..

final score of 336 ... This should be chaseable by Eng... just keep some wickets

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great chase but still not over enamoured with this series.

Hussain did a really great piece yesterday about rule changes and how in the past years they have all favoured the batsmen. For me they need to bring bowlers back into the game more. Allow them to bowl more bouncers? Get rid of legside wides ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Great chase but still not over enamoured with this series.

Hussain did a really great piece yesterday about rule changes and how in the past years they have all favoured the batsmen. For me they need to bring bowlers back into the game more. Allow them to bowl more bouncers? Get rid of legside wides ?
Just have one ball, so some nice reverse swing at the end of the innings ? One suggestion from yesterday was to try using the pink ball. Might muck up the marketing of limited over games.;)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just have one ball, so some nice reverse swing at the end of the innings ? One suggestion from yesterday was to try using the pink ball. Might muck up the marketing of limited over games.;)

I liked the 1 ball idea. Softer ball is a little harder to hit plus as you say it brings in reverse swing .

I think the authorities got fed up with fielding teams trying to change it all the time as it was being hit out of shape.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site