The Cricket Thread

Grizzly

Visit site
Can try all they like, in these conditions if India bowl properly Stokes will have to get 200 of them. OK so theirs a small chance ;)

I have ceased to be amazed by the things this side can achieve.

That said, whilst this is a much better batting wicket than the first test, balls have already been keeping low and that is not going to stop. You'd be surprised if there were not enough balls with someone's name on them in the time it would take for England to score another 330.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have ceased to be amazed by the things this side can achieve.

That said, whilst this is a much better batting wicket than the first test, balls have already been keeping low and that is not going to stop. You'd be surprised if there were not enough balls with someone's name on them in the time it would take for England to score another 330.

Irrespective if Eng win or lose, the very fact that most people believe that Eng MAY be able to pull off a miracle here is itself a testament to this side. A few years ago, we would have written them off completely, but now we believe anything is possible...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think England will fall short in this match but at least we have been competitive, just let them get too many runs in the first innings. Not convinced that only 1 seamer is the way forward but which spinner do you drop? Also, ids there a place for Brooks when he gets beck in time for next test? I think the batsmen have done ok, just no-one has got the massive score like a couple of the Indian players.

venger

Visit site
And anyone who had to bat with Geoff 'Stick of Rhubarb' Boycott :ROFLMAO:
I'm sure that Ian Botham was sent out to bat with Sir Geoffrey with the instructions to "run him out because he's not scoring fast enough"

Boycott's response when run out was apparently "what have you done to my average!!!!"

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just seen Ravi Bopara is playing in Abu Dhabi in the T20 years. Checked his stats and he is 38 - thought he was twice that as he seems to have been around for ages :ROFLMAO:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This series is turning out to be 'who can field the most inexperienced team' series.... Saw a stat today that 4 Indian players combined have played few matches than Oli Pope.... Eng should be able to steamroll this one. Bazball get it done by day 3

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This series is turning out to be 'who can field the most inexperienced team' series.... Saw a stat today that 4 Indian players combined have played few matches than Oli Pope.... Eng should be able to steamroll this one. Bazball get it done by day 3

Some effort to win on day 3 chasing 450+ lol, might be beyond even bazball lol