The Cricket Thread

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure what you do now. With 2 days gone and not a ball having been bowled, it seems a litlte pointless to start a test match. Sadly, cricket is in the same position as rugby and needs the money from the weekend's matches. With football looking like it is cancelled, I suspect that other sports who struggle more financiailly and so need to go ahead may get a bit of a media shoeing.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Word seems to be that they will start on Sunday, South Africa have offered to extend the test another day but may well just play it as a 3 day test from here (I see racing have already announced they will be going ahead Sunday)

Edit: I see Ben Stokes tweeted that she loved sport and be an honour to play in her memory

D

Deleted member 3432

Plenty of time for a result the way it's started this morning....

D

Deleted member 3432

I'm not sure sure if the batters on either side actually know which end of the bat you actually use......?

Club cricketers would put up more resistance than these two line ups.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If anyones local tomorrow:

Tickets for Day 5 of the Test are free to all fans. Existing ticket holders will be refunded, with an option to donate their ticket money to charity. Surrey CCC will make a donation to Chance To Shine, Lambeth Food Bank Trust, Alzheimer's Society and the Surrey Cricket Fdn.

In other news, anyone seen our resident Saffer ;)

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well not sure about The Chelmsford wicket! 370 runs in total and game over just after lunch on 2nd day.

last night when Lanci were 24 for 6 I thought game was all over. It is now!