Ganton
Formby
Moortown
North Berwick
Silloth
Southport & Ainsdale
Wallasey
Hoylake

Many more but thats the best selection iirc.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
In order
Old Course St Andrews
The Berkshire Red
St Georges Hill
Woodhall Spa
West Hill
Bearwood Lakes

Honoury mention for Coombe Hill, Jubilee St Andrews, Hayling, Hindhead, Chart Hills and Salisbury & Wilts.

Most disappointing Castle Course St Andrews. Fantastic setting, some great holes, but Mickey Mouse greens.:(

My course would be in there as well.:whistle:

Managed to forget Carnoustie.:eek: Mind you it was difficult to see much the day we played.:(

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In order of how much I enjoyed the courses...

St. Mellion Nicklaus
Sunningdale New
Woburn Duchess
Moortown
Sunningdale Old
Woodhall Spa Hotchkin

I've been lucky this year, there's another couple of very nice courses that didn't make the list as well.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've played 11 New courses this year, 6 of them in the top 100 but only 3 of them blew me away,

Royal Dornoch
North Berwick
And the very underrated Camberley Heath

S

Snelly

In rough order of preference:

Royal County Down
Sunningdale Old
Swinley Forest
St George's Hill
Hankley Common
Woburn Marquess
West Hill
Bearwood Lakes
Gleneagles Kings
West Sussex
Goodwood Downs
Knole Park
Piltdown
Crowborough Beacon
Blackmoor

I think that's it but I may have missed one or two.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Reading this thread makes me realise the paucity of decent courses I've played this year.

There have been a few new ones that I enjoyed but as far as recognised courses go, the only one I can think of is The Brabazon at The Belfry (and even that will be laughed at by many).

Must try harder next year!

Edit: Just remembered, I played Conwy for my holiday links round. :)

Last edited:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
St Andrews
Royal Lytham, hardest
Royal Birkdale
Turnberry
Woodhall Spa Hotchkin
Sherwood Forest.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sunningdale New wins for me - clearly superior to the Old, despite the relatively weak 17 and 18! This debate splits opinion!!:)

Others
Sunningdale New
Berkshire Red/Blue
West Hill - definitely improving and now I reckon clearly the best of the 3 Ws
Hayling - a great track and exceeded my expectations - not much in it between here and the links in the top 50 - for instance, it is as pretty much on par with Burnham & Berrow and more enjoyable
Parkstone - one of my favourites - just a great fun track that has improved a lot and should do through the next year as well
Broadstone - another top track with some great improvements in progress - please stay for another year Gordon!!:D
Worplesdon
Hindhead
Blackmoor

Actually, I think that is the extent of my golf this year!

S

Snelly

Sunningdale New wins for me - clearly superior to the Old, despite the relatively weak 17 and 18! This debate splits opinion!!:)

No way! :)

I've played both a dozen times and the Old is the best by some way in my view. 5th, 10th? Need I say more? The Old is the best inland course I have ever played. The New is a really nice course too but just not quite as good.

There will always be different views on this although that said, not many of the guys I play there regularly with prefer the New over the Old.

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
Only played 1 course other than my home course this year as I think I used up all my brownie points in one go and then some. Having said that probably the best course I have ever played.

PGA Catalunya - Stadium Course