The all things EV chat thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope you're right about the bigger battery. Car looks excellent.

It's claimed range is 333 off a full battery. 80% of that is 260 so that's with the battery 80% full which is what I run on a normal day to day that's decent but take down to say 240 for argument sake it not being a perfect day .. off 80% still

I'd say defo 200 plus off 100% in winter

When I specced it up I put £1000 option think it was for a heat pump for the battery that got the battery to correct heat all time and prolonged life (as I am planning to own looking at that) so should get better milage

Cost of cells is dropping so battery replacement is becoming a real possibility so if people keep these cars longer they can replace their battery after say 15 years would be less waste but appreciate people like changing cars

Times are coming tho

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looking at the PSA groups offerings and they need to improve the range and efficiency. I don’t stop when I drive, I press on and some of my journeys are in excess of 180miles .. so thinking about it I want a minimum degraded mileage of 240miles.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
My wife went away with her cousin on Spa break to The Vineyard near Newbury. I dropped her at Northampton services as the cousin was driving. Cousin rocks up in an Audi eTron Quattro Sportback. Lovely looking car. So we get chatting about how it’s going.

She panics about the range constantly. The advertised range is a bunch of crap according to her. Every time she pulls in somewhere she has to hook it up.
Traffic is a killer. Range plummets because you have he aircon, radio, lights etc on. She hates it

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My wife went away with her cousin on Spa break to The Vineyard near Newbury. I dropped her at Northampton services as the cousin was driving. Cousin rocks up in an Audi eTron Quattro Sportback. Lovely looking car. So we get chatting about how it’s going.

She panics about the range constantly. The advertised range is a bunch of crap according to her. Every time she pulls in somewhere she has to hook it up.
Traffic is a killer. Range plummets because you have he aircon, radio, lights etc on. She hates it

Not familiar with that model, but generally urban traffic is what EV’s were designed for, if you are using the B setting the battery is constantly getting recharged by braking and lifting off the accelerator.

In London for every 10 miles I’m travelling I’m only using 3 or 4 miles of range.

Doing 80 on the Mway will drain it quickly, but hovering around 60 gives you much better range

Captainron

Visit site
Not familiar with that model, but generally urban traffic is what EV’s were designed for, if you are using the B setting the battery is constantly getting recharged by braking and lifting off the accelerator.

In London for every 10 miles I’m travelling I’m only using 3 or 4 miles of range.

Doing 80 on the Mway will drain it quickly, but hovering around 60 gives you much better range
If you have to drive at 60 then it’s not worth the effort. Rather wait until they work properly.
I have a hybrid now and it’s rubbish. The battery has taken so much of the boot space.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The "range" metre is rubbish and should be completely ignored .. look at the miles per kwh to get your true usage

When I'm stuck in traffic it rockets up to 5 mpkwh .. from 4 driving

I drove home from work it took hour longer than normal and I had to drive 10 miles out my way on the M25 instead of A13 so faster road as A13 is 50

I used 2% extra battery

Had heated seats on

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If you have to drive at 60 then it’s not worth the effort. Rather wait until they work properly.
I have a hybrid now and it’s rubbish. The battery has taken so much of the boot space.
Which hybrid do you have? I went for the Skoda Superb. It has a massive boot as standard and whilst it's definitely smaller it's still a decent size even after the batteries take up some of the space. I had the option of the BMW 3 Series but the loss of boot space on that was ridiculous.

Captainron

Visit site
Which hybrid do you have? I went for the Skoda Superb. It has a massive boot as standard and whilst it's definitely smaller it's still a decent size even after the batteries take up some of the space. I had the option of the BMW 3 Series but the loss of boot space on that was ridiculous.
Superb. The boot is massively disappointing

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just adding this for information in case anyone has a similar issue.

As a company car, I can claim back the charging of the electric car as part of my expenses. To do that I have to show how much it has charged in kWh in the month. This has presented me with a number of problems.
  1. This information is not available by the panel in the car or via the My Škoda app
  2. If I had a dedicated home charging point, that should tell me. The problem is we are planning to move house, so there is no point in putting a home charger in at the moment.
  3. I am therefore charging off a 3-pin plug, which by definition does not have automatic energy monitoring.
Anyway, I've come to an agreed solution with my company. I am buying a Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring (TP-Link Kasa KP115) which the company has said that they will accept a screen print for the monthly consumption from the app. That way I can claim for the charging of my car.

Just in case anyone is in same boat, this seemed like the quickest and easiest fix.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully ready for 2023 when I’m ready for new one. Saying that who knows what else is round the corner plus I’ll have a bigger budget.
Personally I’m enjoying my introduction to electric cars with my e208.

Have you had the update yet? My Corsa went in today for the ecu update (first year service they doing it together) update failed takes 3 hours so staying in to try again tomorrow

When it's done it suppose to improve the range prediction and the change the DC charging profile so it can charge faster for longer at the road side

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you had the update yet? My Corsa went in today for the ecu update (first year service they doing it together) update failed takes 3 hours so staying in to try again tomorrow

When it's done it suppose to improve the range prediction and the change the DC charging profile so it can charge faster for longer at the road side

Had no notification for an update and wouldn’t be sure if I got notified with it being through work and not ready for a service yet. Only done 5500 miles so far.
Range prediction seems fine to me but I won’t take it in early for something so minor.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had no notification for an update and wouldn’t be sure if I got notified with it being through work and not ready for a service yet. Only done 5500 miles so far.
Range prediction seems fine to me but I won’t take it in early for something so minor.

Their not recalling / notifying you can call and ask but best to wait until next service

It's better prediction as goes down in 1 mile increment rather than 10

The charging on DC is apparently very good as changes the programming

Oh and how can I forget regen brakes become available from 100% not 95