The all things EV chat thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have said before you pay for that extended warranty in the purchase price. It is just selling hype really.

Peugeot offer warranty extensions after the initial 3 years and the overall cost of taking them out is less than the extra cost of the purchase price of some with longer warranties at time of purchase.

Do you tho? Hyundai and Kia are similar prices , Kia offers 7, Hyundai only 5.. just what Kia offer

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you tho? Hyundai and Kia are similar prices , Kia offers 7, Hyundai only 5.. just what Kia offer

When I bought mine I was looking at a similar Kia and the price difference was very noticeable.

With my previous Peugeot warranty extensions costs went -year 4 139, year 5 £179, year 6 £225 (from memory).

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I bought mine I was looking at a similar Kia and the price difference was very noticeable.

With my previous Peugeot warranty extensions costs went -year 4 139, year 5 £179, year 6 £225 (from memory).
I have been told by various garages (and brands) that the 7yr Kia warranty isn't a full warranty at year 7. It diminishes through the warranty period. The Hyundai 5 yr warranty, is apparently a full warranty up until the car's 6th birthday.
My VW extended warranty which was to extend the van warranty to 5 yrs, was sold by VW as a full warranty, but lots of things are not covered under "wear and tear"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Shouldn't have to be an option tho. Manufacturers should back their build quality . That's what annoys me..people who don't take out the option get stung with the costs

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The vauxhall I had was poorly made. The car itself (not the EV side) fell apart..was so poor. Wouldn't ever recommend a stellious made car to anyone
Your sample size of one isn't really statistically meaningful.
I'm not saying Stellantis cars are good - never had one - but just pointing out it's possible you were unlucky.

We once had a Ford Focus, back in the days when the Focus was thought of as a brilliant car.
All sorts of things went wrong with it.
But that doesn't mean all Focus's were bad - their reputation suggests we were just unlucky.
Probably an example of a "Friday afternoon car".

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your sample size of one isn't really statistically meaningful.
I'm not saying Stellantis cars are good - never had one - but just pointing out it's possible you were unlucky.

We once had a Ford Focus, back in the days when the Focus was thought of as a brilliant car.
All sorts of things went wrong with it.
But that doesn't mean all Focus's were bad - their reputation suggests we were just unlucky.
Probably an example of a "Friday afternoon car".

Well considering I'm a member on the old vauxhall FB group and forums they are full of stories of poor build quality.

I may have been unlucky but compared to some I was blooming lucky

Stellious don't have a clue what their making and their apps are appalling

The wiring loom for the abs for example they refused to admit it needed a recall so just waited for it to fail then repaired them (on massive back order) the issue was caused because they built the wiring room so that it rubbed on the rear suspension so when they fixed it they rerouted the wire so it didn't rub.

A known fault they would rather let fail than own their mistake and fix

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shouldn't have to be an option tho. Manufacturers should back their build quality . That's what annoys me..people who don't take out the option get stung with the costs

My comment was mainly about cost i.e. Taking out the extended warranty works out cheaper

The offer comes in the post so plenty of time to way up the odds.

If you are someone who sells at the end of year 3/4 you have not paid out for something you will not get the benefit of.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BMW app is playing up, keeps stopping the charge and I have changed it to charge on demand .. and it keeps changing back ?!??! So the app has been starved of network access and let’s see if it stops cheesing me off.