Tee Times - Staying or Going

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It is bizarre isn't it? No wonder Britons have this weird reputation as people who love queuing.

I'm sure if I was retired and golf was my main hobby, going to the club and hanging around would be absolutely fine. Especially if that was what I had always done.

NearHull

Visit site
It amazes me every time that the same people cant accept other people have different opinions on it and like to judge why but thats how it is.....

The following paragraph is from my email reply to members who are providing input to our Post 19 Jul Booking System Review.

We also recognise that individual members expect ‘their Club’ to provide the services that they view as important – and of course each member has their own priorities. It is quite possible that, to meet most member’s expectations, we may end up with a hybrid system of part BRS booked and part free tee times.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've had this discussion on here so many times and it amazes me every time that people don't care what time they're playing and will just turn up and see what happens.
That’s ok for the likes of me or anyone with time on their hands.
But for people with work ,young children etc.
Ther needs to be a bit of certainty as to when they get to play .
A bit of both would be fine by me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure if I was retired and golf was my main hobby, going to the club and hanging around would be absolutely fine. Especially if that was what I had always done.
I can understand people putting up with it if they need to. But not actively preferring it. :LOL:

BiMGuy

Visit site
The following paragraph is from my email reply to members who are providing input to our Post 19 Jul Booking System Review.

We also recognise that individual members expect ‘their Club’ to provide the services that they view as important – and of course each member has their own priorities. It is quite possible that, to meet most member’s expectations, we may end up with a hybrid system of part BRS booked and part free tee times.

Seems a sensible compromise.
But what happens if there is no booking before say, 11am and booking thereafter. But there are still groups waiting to go out that have just turned up to play?

I know one group in a local club that will do exactly that.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can understand people putting up with it if they need to. But not actively preferring it. :LOL:
If you stick to ridged tee times you would only ever meet the players you play with.
I like being on the putting green to chat to lads I’ve not seen in a while.
A hybrid system is needed to cater for the majority.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you stick to ridged tee times you would only ever meet the players you play with.
I certainly agree that it should be easy enough to do both. Have an hour or two blocked out of the booking for turn-up-and-play fans, then booking the rest of the time. (y)

BiMGuy

Visit site
Not true. I'm a new member at my club and have played with and spoken to loads of different people.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but that’s not true

We have had many new members join the club not knowing anyone and have met many new people- the tee booking allows you to play with many people

And there is nothing stopping people turning up before their tee time and hanging around on the putting greens etc

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Just cant see the downside of the booking system, nor the upside of turning up at the course not even certain of getting a game?

I still meet plenty of new people, some people book in with me, some comps, some i book in with them....

Humpy

Visit site
The bottom line is that no booking system i.e. none, tee times or hybrid, will suit 100% of a club's members. It's down to the owners and/or committee to decide which option is best preferably after consulting with the members.

Mandofred

Visit site
Not true. I'm a new member at my club and have played with and spoken to loads of different people.
I've done both. When joining my 1st club 6 years ago, we had plenty of rollups I got involved with. This April I joined a 2nd club, at first the rollups were not back and I had to just book in with someone. Comparing the two methods, rollups are easier to mix with other people. If you are a person who just naturally feels comfortable jumping in with people you don't know, I can understand how it just doesn't matter to you. For me (and a lot of other people I know)....the rollups have provided an easier/more comfortable way of mixing with a lot of other people. Rollups have been going again for a while at the 2nd club and I am enjoying the mixing better..... I still book in at times with other people at the 2nd club that I don't know, I will continue to do it, but it's just not as easy for some people (me).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My old club had booking for comps and no booking for the rest of the time and I was happy with that. People ask how anyone could prefer a free for all on the first tee, well, in my case it was because I wanted to play between 8 and 9 on a weekend so I had the afternoon with my wife. On comp days, those times were gone in seconds so I ended up playing ridiculously early in the morning if I played at all. On any other day, I would turn up at the club at 8.00 and guarantee I would be teeing off well before 9.00 so I got the play at the time I wanted.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
My old club had booking for comps and no booking for the rest of the time and I was happy with that. People ask how anyone could prefer a free for all on the first tee, well, in my case it was because I wanted to play between 8 and 9 on a weekend so I had the afternoon with my wife. On comp days, those times were gone in seconds so I ended up playing ridiculously early in the morning if I played at all. On any other day, I would turn up at the club at 8.00 and guarantee I would be teeing off well before 9.00 so I got the play at the time I wanted.

Out of curiosity, were most tee times filled on a saturday morning, i.e. was the course just as busy when not booking vs booking?

I reckon if i turned up at 8 on a weekend at ours with no booking system, the ball chute would need to be 80yards long!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of curiosity, were most tee times filled on a saturday morning, i.e. was the course just as busy when not booking vs booking?

I reckon if i turned up at 8 on a weekend at ours with no booking system, the ball chute would need to be 80yards long!

Strangely, no, normally never more than 5 groups waiting to tee off (helped by up to 3 start points on non comp days)

BiMGuy

Visit site

My old club was booked solid on a Saturday from 7. 30 till 4 or 5 with 3 balls going out every 7 minutes.

If we had to turn up and wait you'd need to sleep in the car park on Friday night.