Journeyman Pro
Visit site

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Although the more, shall we say, experienced members are chomping at the bit to return to roll up and play as we were pre-pandemic, I suspect we will follow the guidance of keeping booking times for now.
Our Constitution does say that we are a roll up and play Club but EG guidance may overrule it
Have said many times that I prefer the booking system and I've no doubt it will go to AGM or EGM where I will vote to continue booking.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
https://www.englandgolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/A-Framework-for-Playing-Golf-19-July-2021.pdf

wonder how this will go down

England Golf are recommending that Tee Time booking are continue to be used
Or a form of registration, which is slightly different as you could be required to register your visit at the Pro shop without having to book online.

Shouldn't really affect us as we had a booking system pre-covid, although I would like to see the facility for just wandering up and playing without booking if a slot was available, being re-introduced, plus the ability to go off the 10th. Both have been removed during last year.

Mandofred

Visit site
I can't see clubs going away from the booking system....just not going to happen. Right now, my 2nd club is running rollups, comps, visiting parties etc just by blocking out certain times. Easy to do. My 1st club hasn't brought back rollups yet, but are blocking out all kinds of times for certain groups. Kind of strange how they can't do it for rollups, but a large visiting party is no problem:mad:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although the more, shall we say, experienced members are chomping at the bit to return to roll up and play as we were pre-pandemic, I suspect we will follow the guidance of keeping booking times for now.
Our Constitution does say that we are a roll up and play Club but EG guidance may overrule it
Have said many times that I prefer the booking system and I've no doubt it will go to AGM or EGM where I will vote to continue booking.
Only a recommendation not an edict so clubs are able to do what’s best for them.

We will stick with the track and trace app and use our normal booking system.

D

Deleted member 15344

I hope we keep tee bookings - it’s working very well for the club as a whole

The only detractors are the old mafia as we call them - Ex Presidents etc who keep going on about the traditions of the club etc

One of them who works within county boldly announced that England Golf would recommend removing tee times and go back to normal - our President was proud to announce that ( being part of the mafia and having his strings pulled )

It was a pleasing email to show the England Golf recommendations.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I hope we keep tee bookings - it’s working very well for the club as a whole

The only detractors are the old mafia as we call them - Ex Presidents etc who keep going on about the traditions of the club etc

One of them who works within county boldly announced that England Golf would recommend removing tee times and go back to normal - our President was proud to announce that ( being part of the mafia and having his strings pulled )

It was a pleasing email to show the England Golf recommendations.

I really hope the booking system stays. Juggling family life, work and golf would be near on impossible if I had to spend hours waiting to tee off or turned up and couldn't get on at all.

Boomy

Visit site
I really hope the booking system stays. Juggling family life, work and golf would be near on impossible if I had to spend hours waiting to tee off or turned up and couldn't get on at all.

Exactly this! As well as the fact that a booking system can work for everyone as opposed to the roll up and play system which suits a select few.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I find I can get the best of both worlds - if I fancy a casual knock I'll check that a time is available and if there is one I'll head out the door and book the time on my phone as I walk round to the course.

As to roll ups etc. I can't see why clubs can't book out a block of times for that - pretty sure that's possible after restrictions end.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
I find I can get the best of both worlds - if I fancy a casual knock I'll check that a time is available and if there is one I'll head out the door and book the time on my phone as I walk round to the course.

As to roll ups etc. I can't see why clubs can't book out a block of times for that - pretty sure that's possible after restrictions end.

Pretty much what my old club used to do anyway (which had a tee booking system). I can’t remember the exact day/times, but it was e.g. 8-10 on a Friday was blocked out for the roll up and those who wanted to take part rolled up around then and put their ball in the chute.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Like most clubs who have had a turn up and play system for ever, getting used to booking online was a massive change, but, in the main I like it, It means that pretty much we get to tee off at the time we book and not standing on the tee waiting which occasionally happened before.

It also seems that the extra members we now have are younger, working members and that the course is quite quiet on weekdays and I can book at the last minute quite often, the only problem is the "fastest finger first" rush on a Friday afternoon to get a tee booking for the Sunday competitions where we now have 120+ entrants up from about 90 before Covid - I guess its swings and roundabouts but on balance I would vote to keep the booking system

D

Deleted member 3432

We've had this discussion on here so many times and it amazes me every time that people don't care what time they're playing and will just turn up and see what happens.

No life outside of golf?