Tee Times - Staying or Going

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use my County card a lot and have always phoned up to book using it so don't see how online booking should make any real difference.
By phoning you can sometimes get a better deal ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There was always a place but now I’m not sure how it can operate if clubs use online booking systems.
is it not the case that many if not most clubs have been using on-line booking for visitors for some time? Not seeing what’s changed. As it happens my club didn’t for casual golf but now that we do visitors can access it and look for tee times. Though on post I am not sure if the available visitor tee times are available for county card holders equally. I guess a visitor with a CC would just call the club if a tee time that suits is available.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At my club we didn't have tee times. I must admit I like the booking system as it takes away the chaos of everyone rocking up at once. Also as everyone in Hythe is 150+ years old, so they don't golf in the afternoon so if I have a spare minute in the afternoon I can just rock up as well :ROFLMAO:.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use my County card a lot and have always phoned up to book using it so don't see how online booking should make any real difference.
By phoning you can sometimes get a better deal ?

Phoned 3 courses around Bristol for next week as I’m popping up to Leamington, all said you book on line. I have no issue if the cards are binned, ours are free. Just need to know if it’s now a scheme that no longer has legs.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phoned 3 courses around Bristol for next week as I’m popping up to Leamington, all said you book on line. I have no issue if the cards are binned, ours are free. Just need to know if it’s now a scheme that no longer has legs.
That's interesting as have also been doing some booking for golf around my daughters wedding in Clevedon next month and the lady at Clevedon golf club has been most helpful to get us in for a round on a Friday morning

D

Deleted member 15344

One of the draw backs of the booking system is that the county card system has died in many clubs because there is no facility to deal with county cards.

We still take county cards and also any booking system can be adjusted to allow county cars visitors but previously any clib i wanted to visitor on a county card then just phone them but then I was talking about a booking system for the members

D

Deleted member 15344

No....we just have different views......

So when members of Hoylake use them ?

County cards are a very good scheme that allows lot of members to play lots of other courses at in some cases members guests fees - it’s the same as reciprocals as well

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So when members of Hoylake use them ?

County cards are a very good scheme that allows lot of members to play lots of other courses at in some cases members guests fees - it’s the same as reciprocals as well

I have no idea of what Hoylake members do outside of Hoylake.....one would have thought very little.

As I said before....in current times...there is little or no place for such a card as many courses, certainly the better ones, still can only just about accommodate their current membership on the course....

Boomy

Visit site
I 100% hope all clubs maintain or fully adopt a booking system and adapt a process for group meets (so everyone can be happy....)

There are no reasons why a booking system can’t work, but a good few reasons why just rocking up doesn’t (wasting time standing about, uncertainty of time required to get a game, accommodating visiting parties, bringing guests...)

I worked as a key worker in retail through the pandemic (and still am) and witnessed a lot of embarrassing behaviour regarding shopping alone... with the overwhelming majority being the older generation “I shop with my wife this time every Tuesday so we are going in together” as an example. Well, 1. There was/is a pandemic going on, 2. That generation is/was at a significantly higher risk and 3. It’s a blatant disregard for the safety/welfare of other people - so if a pandemic and all the risks associated won’t change a view point I very much doubt the booking system and changing ways slightly will ever be fully adopted.

Last edited: